De-labeling bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warsteiner labels come off easier than any bottles I can find. They fall off while I'm drinking them. A little bit of warm water and they slide right off otherwise. In general stick to smaller craft breweries, they tend to use less/cheaper glue and taste better anyways.

Lately though if I'm short on bottles for an upcoming brew, I just end up drinking that much more homebrew. If it must be done, it must be done.

Which Oxyclean are all of you using? Only stuff I can find here is with the Yellow lid...will this work???

Bottle and never have to mess with the investment, maintenance, and complexity of kegging again!

While I agree with the investment, it is much more maintenance to clean 50 bottles for a batch and sanitize. I can keg a batch in 15 min. start to finish. In the grand scheme of homebrewing it is one of the least complex parts.....To each his own. That's why there as many different styles as ways to enjoy them! CHEERS

Which Oxyclean are all of you using? Only stuff I can find here is with the Yellow lid...will this work???

Yes it will Ernie. I tend to use the perfume-free variety, if I can find it at the local store, but I don't go driving all over town for it. So, sometimes I use the regular (yellow-lidded) stuff. Just have to rinse it off really well - but you have to do that with any Oxyclean product.

Has anyone thought of soaking the bottles overnight in oxyclean? :)
I soak them overnight. Some need to soak for a day or two. Labels come off, scrub the outsides to remove any residual glue and a good hot water rinse. Then they hang on the bottle tree to dry.

Yes it will Ernie. I tend to use the perfume-free variety, if I can find it at the local store, but I don't go driving all over town for it. So, sometimes I use the regular (yellow-lidded) stuff. Just have to rinse it off really well - but you have to do that with any Oxyclean product.

Thanks Pappers:mug:

Back