Help My Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Man

Reaction score
I have 2 Bayou Classic BG10 burners. I have an old regulator hose and propane tank with what is a standard 1/4" mnpt X 3/8" male flare connection for the burner. The flare piece does not have the #57 orifice like the ones on the bayou classic website. I bought mine at Osh.

My regulator appears to be just 1psi and when I put the system together and light it I get a massive orange flame. No vacuum is created and so I'm getting the wrong air mixture, basically not enough air and too much fuel.

How do I fix this? I've looked closely at the brew sculpture from MoorBeer at my local brew store and the setup just consists of a 10psi regulator and 4 gas valves, 1 main valve and 3 for each burner. There is no nifty #57 Orifice or whatever to create the "jet" needed to suck air into the burner. It appears to not even have a flare connector, just a small 1/4" pipe union that connects to the burner on one side and on the other goes back into a bushing. Is the pressure needed for the just simply accomplished by the higher pressure regulator and valves?

Back