regulator leak in tiny hole near pressure relief?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoman

Reaction score
So I hooked up my keg to push some sanitizer through and my regulator is blowing gas out of a tiny hole (already there, not damage) on the front of the regulator plastic (not the gage) where the pressure screw is. About halfway between the pressure relief valve and the screw there is a tiny hole and it is blowing gas when I turn it on - making the regulator unusable. Is this a relief valve issue? An indication of damage? It worked fine 3 weeks ago?!

Thanks for the help!

mm

edit-found the diaphragm thread nd will check that

That little hole is a pressure release valve, if you have your regulator set to 10 psi and there is 30 psi in the system, the little hole vents the extra air in the system. It is possible that the little valve somehow got stuck open, but I would recommend de-pressurizing the whole thing and turning the pressure way down, then building back up from there.

thanks d'asay,

i just unscrewed the cover, took the diaphragms out, and reassembled. NOw it works. Could've been misaligned, could've been the quick pressure. Now I'll know!

mm

Latest posts

Back