Corny Keg Leaking at Liquid Post when Fitting is Connected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBroonery

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
First time using this keg, or any corny keg for that matter and I'm planning on tapping it this weekend when I have some company over. Anyways I just connected my cobra tap to it to check the carbonation level, and no mater what I do, the liquid post leaks when the fitting is connected. I assume it is the o-ring on top of the post... The keg came with a new set of o-rings and I replaced all of them (as well as the poppets). Upon close examination the "replacement" o-rings are a slightly different size (smaller) than the old ones. However, the keg still leaks with the old o-rings in place. I tried keg lube, using 2 o-rings, etc. Any ideas or tricks I should try? (Pin lock, if it matters)

Thanks!

Did you ever get the correct size o-rings?

Otherwise you might have to take the keg back to where you got it from, swap it out. It'll be a pita since you already have beer in there but that could be your last possibility.

Where'd you get the keg?

Where'd you get the keg?

Wife got it for me as a birthday present from Kegconnection.com via Amazon.com...

I'm guessing maybe I should go to home depot with the o-rings I have and pick up some similar sizes to try, if they even have any.

what a pain in the ass! :mad:

Switch the gas o ring with the beer o ring. If it still leaks on the beer side it might be a bad disconnect.

Switch the gas o ring with the beer o ring. If it still leaks on the beer side it might be a bad disconnect.
Try this.

Wife got it for me as a birthday present from Kegconnection.com via Amazon.com...

I'm guessing maybe I should go to home depot with the o-rings I have and pick up some similar sizes to try, if they even have any.

what a pain in the ass! :mad:
If what Rems says doesn't work then call up KegConnection. They'll make it right.

Thanks guys! I did this and the o-ring that I had on the gas side did not seem to leak on the liquid side, but the o-ring I had on the liquid side, as well as 2 other o-rings I had, did leak on the gas side. So basically between 4 o-rings (2 old, 2 new), 2 of them seal (1 old, 1 new) and 2 of them don't. Seems to be ok now; I put the pressure up to 30 lbs to increase the carbonation a little and put the keg in the fridge to cool down. I think I still may try to find some compatible o-rings just in case I need to swap them out this weekend. Thanks!

Back