Beamish Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lochboy

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone got a recipe for Beamish Red . I am from Scotland and drank it all through college. Now I am living in Wisconsin and for obvious reasons HAD to become a homebrewer!!

Beamish Red is Awesome , Such a creamy smooth beer, I tried to get some here and was told it is no longer being shipped over here.

If anyone can help , please drop me a line.

Lochboy

:mug:

I will try this, do you know if anyone has tried the Extract before??

Lochboy

naw.. I just did a search on google and came across it. Never purchased anything from them. It actually looks kinda expensive compared to other extract kits I have seen. Northern Brewer has a irish red ale kit.

Just noticed the other site is in Australia.

That is equal to $30 US , The problem is that all the Red Ales I have tasted here just cannot match Beamish Red, I will have to just increase my skills and make it my lifes work to nail the recipe.

Thanks

Lochboy

Hey Lochboy - let me in on that recipe whan you nail it. I've become obsessed with real ale after a recent trip and would love to brew a batch of that

I kind of remember the last time I had Beamish Red. I went to the local pub intending to have a few beers on a friday night and get home kind of early since I was planning on going to work the next day to get caught up on things. I ordered a Beamish Red and when the waitress brought it she told me to enjoy it, since they were on their last keg and couldn't get any more. I couldn't believe Beamish stopped shipping their Red to Canada and wanted to get as much as I could, so I ended up drinking as much as I could, which ended up being more than I should have, naturally. I don't really remember much of the night, except for toasting Mr. Beamish and his ale many times. I don't even know if there really is a Mr. Beamish, but I was toasting him.

Anyways, the next beer I'm brewing is a Beamish Red clone, using a recipe from here: http://www.thbs.intas.net/extract_recipes.htm. I'm hoping to brew within the next week, so I'll let you know how it tastes in a couple of months.

Bob

No, There is the stout and the red which are completely different beers.

Later

Lochboy

Lochboy said:
Hi, Has anyone got a recipe for Beamish Red . I am from Scotland and drank it all through college. Now I am living in Wisconsin and for obvious reasons HAD to become a homebrewer!!

Beamish Red is Awesome , Such a creamy smooth beer, I tried to get some here and was told it is no longer being shipped over here.

If anyone can help , please drop me a line.

Lochboy

:mug:

Hey Lochboy
Depending on where in Wisconsin you are You can try one of my Red's and see if it's close, if not we can always make adjustments

Back