Brewing with homemade Jelly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafCutter

Reaction score
I read a post earlier about someone using their homemade Jam in the secondary, which makes sense to me as long as its sanitary. However, I wanted to add a slight aroma and possibly some funky color with some of my homemade blueberry jam. I'm making a BPA, and I'll be tossing in some honey at 2mins, could I possibly throw in some jam too? Does anyone see a problem with this? The jam is simple corn sugar and blueberries, sealed in a ball jar.

Reason: As an apiarist, my bees collected honey from an orange grove and a blueberry patch.. I mix the two and wallah! Both are terrific by themselves, but the orange is just so strong and delicious I wanted to mix it up a bit.

(and I'm thinking of dry hopping with cascade:off:)

In my experience, adding the jam in the secondary is the way to go. As for the sanitation issue...my canning process is sanitary and therefore so is the jam.

Back