Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, same as Driver, I have to work Friday evening...not sure how late, but I doubt I would make it at a decent hour. Any over the weekend time available?

Yes, yes, of course guys! Thats the nice part (for me) of having it at my house. We don't "have" to do one large, scheduled pick up time. The sooner, the better would be best, but as long as the majority is picked up by the end of the weekend, that suits me.
tom

I will pick up from tom on Friday, but have to drive to philly that night, so if you are on the way I can drop your grains off.

There is a guy down in Philly (tchiarella on here) looking to get some bottles off me as well. If there is anyone down that way in the buy that could help him out (carpool, meet halfway, whatever), shoot him a PM and see if you can work something out.
tom

If you get here at 6 you may have to wait a little while. I'm going to have to go through the pallet to pull your order. Also, we have friends (my brew partner) that come over almost every Friday, so we will probably eat dinner around that time as well. not a problem if you come that early, just warning you it won't be a stop and go type thing.
tom
ps. If you hang around too long i'll put you to work on the brewery!!

Friday night after 7 works perfectly for me.

I'm a fan of the lifetime membership option too! If we all drop a fiver on Tom that will cover the membership and that 15 buck phone call.

Friday night after 7 works perfectly for me.

I'm a fan of the lifetime membership option too! If we all drop a fiver on Tom that will cover the membership and that 15 buck phone call.

I'm in for the lifetime membership with $5.

Tom,
Looks like you are going to have a lot of people at your house at 7. What should we do about parking? I would assume that you don’t want people on your grass with all of this rain.

I will pick up from tom on Friday, but have to drive to philly that night, so if you are on the way I can drop your grains off.

Milldoggy, would it be possible to pick up mine and I could meet you around KOP area Friday night? I ordered 3 sacks.

Jazzman

Nah grass is fine. We do have a descent size driveway and can probably fit 4-5 cars in it with mine and my wife's cars out of the garage. If anyone is worried about the grass, there is a street across the road from us that isn't really used (dead end). You can park on the side of that and walk over. But honestly, we always have people over and our front yard is always parked full.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Milldoggy, would it be possible to pick up mine and I could meet you around KOP area Friday night? I ordered 3 sacks.

Jazzman

Sure, I need to be at 30th street station at 8, so maybe KOP around 7? send me an email at milldoggy @ gmail dot com and we can coordinate a drop off location.

Jazzman

Sure, I need to be at 30th street station at 8, so maybe KOP around 7? send me an email at milldoggy @ gmail dot com and we can coordinate a drop off location.

Jazzman: If you guys can't work it out, I live in Phoenixville and can get your grain to you. Let me know.

Crap, scratch that. The SWMBO just reminded me of our dinner date Friday night. She just doesn't have her priorities set properly. I'll have to do a Saturday pickup.

OTOH, she let me order a grain mill!!!!

Actually I forgot about a gig I have on saturday. I can do an early AM pickup (8ish) and later in the day, just not sure what time yet. I will keep you all updated on that. As far as I know though, all day Sunday is open for me.
tom

I can be there any time on Friday. I'm planning for late afternoon 5-7 pm range if that works for you Tom. I work the rest of the weekend (28 hrs) so that's pretty much the only day I can get up there.

beerloaf

Actually I forgot about a gig I have on saturday. I can do an early AM pickup (8ish) and later in the day, just not sure what time yet. I will keep you all updated on that. As far as I know though, all day Sunday is open for me.
tom

np, I can do Sunday too if Sat does not work out for you.

Hi all. Just wondering, is anyone from Lancaster area heading up that way for their pickup? I'd pitch in some gas money if someone would be willing to pick up my order.

Risser09 said:
I'm from Lancaster and will probably be heading up there on Sunday depending on what Tom's schedule is.

Aaron: I sent a message about pick up held also. Let me know if it's possible. Thanks.

Ok, still no word from Mcgeary. If I don't hear from him by the time I get home from work tomorrow, his grains are up for grabs. He was/is getting: CM-2ROW x2, BZ-CRPL x1, TF-GPRM x1/2. milldoggy and I were talking today and he is willing to take the TF-GPRM x 1/2 and BZ-CRPL x1/4 and I'm willing to take CM-2ROW x1 and BZ-CRPL x1/4. I'd like to get the remaining grain gone this weekend beings I'm currently out the money for it. Cash or check would be fine for anything you want at the time of pickup. As for the pickup times, anytime after 7 tomorrow night (Friday) is good and would be best. Saturday morning I can do like 8-9am. I will be able to do somtime in the afternoon/evening as well, just not sure what times yet. Sunday, as of right now, is open and would work anytime. Address is: 2230 Moselem Springs Road, Fleetwood 19522 any questions or concerns, please email me (bigdogrulzuply at msn dot com) since my phone is currently not alerting me of anything going on on this site. Thanks guys!
tom

I'm thinking right now I'm targeting a mid/late Sunday morning pickup. Tom, I'll shoot you a text when I'm getting ready to leave my place just in case.

Big problems guys. Got a call from the delivery company this morning. The grains never made it to their distribution center until 7:30am and all the trucks were already gone for the day. They do not deliver Saturdays which means Monday is our only day. Extremely sorry about this. According to the delivery company, when NCM sets up the delivery they never make it a "guaranteed delivery date". At work now and late due to being on the phone with her. I will post bak later so we can get things set up.
tom

Crap. I'm in Denver all week until Friday, and then most of Friday is shot because I have contractors coming to the house.

I'll PM Mike (Milldoggy) to see if he can hold my grains for me.

Oh well, sh*t happens.

You guys are making this easier on me then I thought it was going to be! Now I just really hope the distribution center (where they are sitting all weekend) doesn't have any problems with rodents..
tom

Unfortunately that probably pushes me back to next weekend but we'll see what my schedule for the week looks like.

Not a huge deal I suppose.

I would say anytime after 6 would be fine. I am leaving work at 4 to get home and meet the truck driver. Plan to start tearing into it as soon as it is all of the truck.
tom

I was thinking the same thing. I can be up there a little early as well maybe around 5 so that I can help out getting everything seperated. It's my day off so anytime is good for me.

beerloaf

Back