What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
realized that my california ale yeast didn't start, so i went to the brewstore and got a dry pack of BRY-97 American West Coast by Danstar. the starter is taking off like a superhero. my brew will have yeast in it by tomorrow morning.

Got pulled into my bosses office this morning. Uh... uh oh, what did I do?

Turns out his uncle? is at deaths door and is really into homebrewing (and the other thing that we dont talk about here). He asked if I would be interested in his old equipment (though he previously destroyed some 20-30 glass carboys). I told him that I would accept anything brewing related as long as it is not any trouble for him. So, I have that going for me.

Ordered my self the yeastir stir plate can't wait for it to get here

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Starter for the Ten Fidy clone in a couple weeks.

1415293800644.jpg

Got pulled into my bosses office this morning. Uh... uh oh, what did I do?

Turns out his uncle? is at deaths door and is really into homebrewing (and the other thing that we dont talk about here). He asked if I would be interested in his old equipment (though he previously destroyed some 20-30 glass carboys). I told him that I would accept anything brewing related as long as it is not any trouble for him. So, I have that going for me.

As a nice gesture , I suggest finding out what his favorite beer was, brew in his honor and hand out to his family.

Worked on a kegerator build today. I'm still waiting on the last couple parts, and those won't be in until next week, so I am now just waiting.

Took my not-yet-2-year-old daughter with me to the LHBS to pick up the ingredients for my CacaOut Oatmeal Stout that I'll be brewing in the next week. Also grabbed a blowoff tube and a BIAB bag. Then ordered a 2L Erlenmeyer flask online.

This thread title just seems very "crackheadish"..got some malt? got some hops? i'll..nevermind:p bad joke inspired by a horrible movie menace 2 society

Kicked an American Brown Ale so cleaned and sanitized the empty then racked a Bourbon Barrel Porter. Sampling the hydrometer jar indicates a very tasty Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

As a nice gesture , I suggest finding out what his favorite beer was, brew in his honor and hand out to his family.

Great idea! I just did a partigyle of an RIS for two friends that passed away over the last year. I will think of them with every bottle, glass and sip.

This thread title just seems very "crackheadish"..got some malt? got some hops? i'll..nevermind:p bad joke inspired by a horrible movie menace 2 society

Ya, when I first read this title, thought it was like "how i prostituted myself for beer"...that kind of thing.

Racked my Stone recipe Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout to secondary, cleaned the carboys & other equipment.
The beer tastes awesome!

Govner any chance you would want to share your recipe? I recently tried a bottle from 08 and it was delicious.

Today I got all my ingredients and equipment ready for tomorrows 2nd round of BIAB Pumpkin ale. Its nice to finally have the time to be prepared a day ahead of time than trying to do it all on brew day.

Govner any chance you would want to share your recipe? I recently tried a bottle from 08 and it was delicious.

The recipe is in a "Brew Your Own" article on Stone Brewing, and at the end are a 6 clone recipes. It's the Dec. 2008 issue.

google: stone byo

Organized my keezer, only to realize that I have a ton of bottled beer and not enough room for kegs.

Also jumped for joy when my California V yeast finally started doing it's job in the IIPA I brewed yesterday.

The recipe is in a "Brew Your Own" article on Stone Brewing, and at the end are a 6 clone recipes. It's the Dec. 2008 issue.

google: stone byo

Awesome thank you

Kegged a brown ale "Naughty Brewnette".

Built a stand for the Fastfermenter so it will fit my ferm fridge.

I thought about kegging an ipa for a get together tomorrow. Still thinking about it...

I'll be bottling my small stout (2nd runnings) today... My RIS will have at least 4 more weeks in the primary before it's bottled for 4-5 months.

I replaced the bung on my carboy after accidently pushing one into my carboy last night, decided this batch would be called "The Bung Hole Incident Brown Ale", and ordered a new carboy/cream ale kit so i can get that going to give out to light beer drinking family members at Christmas. I had a good beer day.

Bottled 5G of Golden Ale; mixed up 5G of EdWort's ApfelWein and brewed 5G of an Alaskan Amber clone.

Yes. And I mopped the floor, dear.

Washed up carboy and racking equipment.

Test fit fastferment stand in the ferm fridge. Trimmed the bottom slightly and then painted it.

Well, here it is November 2014. Today I purchased some extract and other stuff for a recipe called Dark Sleep Stout. I read up on hop characteristics because this time I want more hop aroma in it.
'Also checked up on my first all-grain brew, one gallon batch. This recipe was different than any other brew, not only for the all grain, but it called for six different hop pitchings. Same hop, just adding it at different times throughout the brew, with a dry hop at the end. I was used to adding it all at once (or no more than two for boiling and finishing). That's what got me going on the research.
I'll be growing my own hops this spring, and am SUPER looking forward to designing my own recipes!

Tiny bubbles in the wine may be fine, but just give me lots of them from the fermenter!

Yesterday, I force carbed four bottles of a Red Rye PA for a competition using one of those PET bottle/Gas-poppet thingys. Getting the carbed beer into glass 12oz bottles was the tricky part. I took some photos and will make a post about that.

Also cold crashed 10g of Pliny the Elder clone. I'm gonna force carb four bottles of that for the competition too. Should be interesting - it'll certainly be fresh!

Today I did CS223's ridiculously cheap stir plate build. Too a total of 25 mins to build. Followed his plans mostly to a T. Except for the washer and the super glue. The Neodymium rare earth magnets were strong enough to not require super glue, although I may secure them later. Note the 6-32 nuts spacing the top screen away from the fan, spacing is important, too close will pull the fan off its mount and it won't spin. The Thermatake fan was $14.12 off Amazon, and $5.00 for the magnets and 6-32 pack of screws. A great working stirplate for under $20. I'm excited to take on yeast ranching now!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415558161.473088.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415558178.162085.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1415558188.861788.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1415558199.962745.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1415558272.021000.jpg

Back