Hello From Pleasant Hill, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nehoc

Reaction score
Hey there, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cody and I've been a home brewer since 2001, and I still know nothing. :)

I've just started to make the switch to all-grain brewing from mini's and extract kits, and got my first stuck mash under my belt this weekend. Nothing gets the neighbors talking like cursing and ladling 60 pounds of 160 degree mash at 10:00 PM on a Sunday night. We'll see how this batch turns out.

I'll see you all on the forums!

Gee, a new word: Metheglin - spiced mead. It continues to amaze me the number of terms for booze.

I used to do my brewing in Oakland, up Snake canyon.

david_42 said:
Gee, a new word: Metheglin - spiced mead. It continues to amaze me the number of terms for booze....
Same here...I know what meth is, but what's cinammon?

Just kidding. MOst peple hair wil saa speelling doSn't counnt...butt it'Z
U-sually tHa onez whU cant spelLll thHat zsay thatt...:drunk: :drunk:

Welcome!:D

Hello fellow Pleasant Hill resident! I am over in the ellenwood drive area near outback. Funny, I thought I herd someone yelling the other day. This is a great site with many knowledgeable people willing to help out. enjoy!

Yeah, don't be impressed by my usage of Metheglin, I had to look it up before I posted it. I had a strong suspicion that if I put up "Mead with cloves and cinammon" someone would have piped in with "You mean Metheglin, noob?". Oh well, it's honey, water, yeasty bits, and whatever I had on hand to make it taste different than the next bottle. ;)

Good to see another P.Hill person in the area. I'm over near Boyd by Crescent Plaza. My neighbors must think I'm up to no good since I've got a kettle boiling every weekend, but once it's bottling time I'll bribe them all with 22's of homebrew goodness. It's always worked in the past.

Latest posts

Back