Need Utopia clone or hints.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vels

Reaction score
HI fellow brewers overseas.

I have gained interest in having a go at a Sam Adams Utopia clone but i cannot find much resources on the net or in forums about this.

Please let me know if you have something close to a Utopia clone recipe, or if you have any hints on yeast, grain bill, process etc.

Cheers :mug:
J Vels.

Puumba is working on something that's not a Utopias clone, but in the vein of a Utopias. Look for his thread entitled "you guys are going to get me in trouble" or something like that. You won't be able to CLONE Utopias, as it's a pretty specialized (and very much proprietary) "ninja yeast" that Sam Adamss uses. I think Puumba was going to use a combination of a Scottish Ale yeast and a distiller's yeast to get the alcohol content in the high teens.

gonna use Wyeast Scotttish ale yeast to start then finish it off with Whitelabs 099 super high gravity yeast to finish . . .hoping for about 22 - 25%

Back