No bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick3696

Reaction score
Hello all from the New Guy,
I have a problem, flat bottles of honey lager. I just popped a cap on my new batch and boy does it taste great:), but NO CARBINATION!:drunk:.What can I do?
History;
Brewed, fermented/7 days, 2nd ferment/21 days, primed 3/4 cup dextrose, bottled. Let it sit in bottles and in dark for about 14 days @60 degrees. Moved to fridge@ 42 degrees. Been in fridge 6 days. Popped top, no fiz:mad:

Some body please HELP. Can I carbinate somehow or am I going to have to drink FLAT beer? (because I will still drink it.)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

It'll take forever to carb up at 60 degrees! I'd bring them to an area that's 70 degrees (or at least, as warm as you can get it, if you don't have an area that's 70 degrees or higher). Turn the bottles end over end to resuspend any flocculated yeast, and wait three weeks. After three weeks at 70 degrees, chill one beer overnight in the fridge. Try it the next day- it should be carbed up. If not, keep them at 70 degrees until they are.

Ok will take out of fridge and let sit at 70 or so. Not much sediment in bottles though. 2nd fermentation made it very clear. Thanks for the advice.

Welcome :mug:
As others have said, warm it up and let it sit longer, I've had batches take over a month to carb up.

Thansk all for the advice. It is now warming up. Time to start something else now. Thinking different, something with bananas.....We shall see....:ban:

:rockin:Just wanted to thank you all for the advise. Just chilled one and popped the top. WOW! :mug: Great Bubbles and even a better taste. I an soooooo happy, think I'll have another......:drunk:

Welcome rick!
Like myself, you have seen how this site will become your co-dependent nightmare into the dark abyss of homebrewing obsession and will also be your guiding light into the heaven that is homebrewing! :rockin:
(I know that doesn't make any sense but I haven't finished my coffee yet)

Honey lager is doing great. Carbs are right up there and what a head. Even my wife likes it. Thanks for all the replies........

Deep but made me think....don't know what I thought....but I will definetly have another H/B.:fro:

Back