Crazy Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffondg

Reaction score
Hi, new poster here but have learned tons of useful information over the past few weeks.

Anyway, 18 days ago I brewed Brewers Best American Pale kit and transferred it to my 6 1/2 gallon carboy. It fermented like crazy for a couple of days then died down so I racked it to secondary after 1 week. The OG was 1.048 and when I racked it it was at 1.020 so I knew it had some time left. The bubbles were only happening about once every 5 minutes for the first week, then they picked up over the weekend to every minute and a thin layer of Krausen started to appear. In the past 36 hours it's started to go like crazy and now is bubbling like once every 5-10 seconds! Since it's in my 5 gallon secondary I don't have much room at all for Krausen to form and don't have a blow off tube. Should I be worried or since it should reach it's final FG at this rate in a day or two should I just ride it out?

Thanks!

Eric

It just decided to take a little break, that's all. Let it go, and it'll be fine. Just make sure your gravity has hit its terminal state before bottling.

Latest posts

Back