If I pass out...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DansBrew

Reaction score
So this is a humor based thread. I apparently am one of those people who will touch a hot stove when I know its hot, just to see if its hot... Well sort of... I took a deep whiff below lid of my fermenter bucket, knowing it burned like hell last time. Well It burned like hell this time, and I almost passed out... Again... If I pass out,:cross: is it the duty of SWMBO, to revive and or render aid to my dumb self? I did this completely sober for the record...

As long as you pass out and fall away from the fermenter, your head is back in an oxygen environment and you're safe... so it is the duty of every witness to laugh cruelly, point, draw on your face, and take pictures.

It's also your duty to post those pictures here.

If you fall into the fermenter, it is the duty of your SWMBO to retrieve your head from the beer in order to limit contamination.

Eh. I'd probably just laugh and mess with you if I were her. hehe

A little while back, I had a 3 gallon keg of hefe that went dry. I pulled it out of the kegerator for cleaning.

When I popped the lid on the still cold keg, I noticed a little dollop of hefe in the indentation at the bottom. Hmmm, last taste!

I tipped the keg up to slurp that bit...and was hit in the face by a keg full of cold, hefe scented CO2! When I inhaled, I almost blacked out. Which would have caused the keg to hit me in the head. I managed to put the keg down and sit down without hurting myself.

:drunk:

haha great stories. I pulled 3 empties out of the keezer the other day and opened them to smell the beer in memory, Freaking nose hairs felt like they all burnt off!

lol, I did this to my friend. I was fermenting in my chest freezer and I had stuck my head in and got a whiff, so when my buddy came over I told him to stick his head in and take a SMALL sniff...He did not listen, stuck his head in and sniffed like it was crack. His reaction was priceless!

I suggest you do it to your friends.

A little while back, I had a 3 gallon keg of hefe that went dry. I pulled it out of the kegerator for cleaning.

When I popped the lid on the still cold keg, I noticed a little dollop of hefe in the indentation at the bottom. Hmmm, last taste!

I tipped the keg up to slurp that bit...and was hit in the face by a keg full of cold, hefe scented CO2! When I inhaled, I almost blacked out. Which would have caused the keg to hit me in the head. I managed to put the keg down and sit down without hurting myself.

:drunk:

I had a similar situation only when i tilted the keg the liquid still inside was more than i thought and didn't pour the way i wanted to. It went in my eyes, up my nose down my mouth and down my shirt at the same time. This caused me to make a loud gurgling noise like i was being water boarded. Which startled two of my cats that freaked out and ran through my legs simultaneously causing my already disoriented self to stumble backwards with my head still tilted backwards and the keg still above my head. I fell back on the concrete in the garage and the keg did land right on my forehead. I didn't loose consciousness but i came close. :cross:

I had a similar situation only when i tilted the keg the liquid still inside was more than i thought and didn't pour the way i wanted to. It went in my eyes, up my nose down my mouth and down my shirt at the same time. This caused me to make a loud gurgling noise like i was being water boarded.. :cross:

Am I correct in assuming you were attempting to drink straight from a keg without benefit of a tap??? That is F-ing AWESOME!! It's like drinking from the milk carton only waaaay cooler!! :rockin:

Ohhh, I gotta try the hey friend smell this great brew trick... And my wife would TOTALLY call and up the insurance, then write on my face...

Ok I must be a real ******* ... so i read your threads and get this great idea .... "wonder what it does smell like in there." When you say take a "small sniff" i didnt realize your ment tiny iddy bitty smell.

So how long before my nose stops burning & the hairs grow back?

Ok I must be a real ******* ... so i read your threads and get this great idea .... "wonder what it does smell like in there." When you say take a "small sniff" i didnt realize your ment tiny iddy bitty smell.

So how long before my nose stops burning & the hairs grow back?

Springtime

I have learned that all of you need web cams running 24/7 just for my enjoyment.

Oddly enough I took the lid off my fermenter this morning and sniffed. That woke me up! Then I found this thread; glad I'm not the only...um...glad I'm not alone :mug:

Latest posts

Back