NHL 2009/20020 Season - Drunken Trash talk Allowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caught the last 3:00 of the capitals and canadiens game. wow. What a comeback.

No matter how bad the Wings end up doing this year, at least we can look back at this series and say, "At least we didn't pull a 'Capitals'!"

Golf-Canucks.jpg

hMm5b.jpg

Anyone catch the Pittsburgh game last night? The ending was the best part. ;)

You mean the game where Cindy got his ass whipped?

YAY!!!!

Now if only the media would say that Montreal won, rather than "Sidney Crosby and the Penguins lost."

"Cindy" must suck Betman and the hockey media's ****s pretty good to get the endless hype, even when he and his team lose. :rolleyes:

Cindy is the NHL's poster boy.

They promote him because he sells tickets.
He sells tickets because they promote him.

How many goals did he have against Montreal? One?

Boston is up against the ropes. Personally, I hope they lose, because some friends are from Boston and their dad will give me such a hard time if they win. Well, he will do that anyway. It's his favorite pastime.

But then I'd kind of like to see them win. It's been a while since they had a good team and they ought to treat the fans who continue to support them.

Were it not for Chrissy the Pinhead, aka Pronger, I'd be all for the Flyers.

Regardless of the winner, I'd settle with for a triple OT game 7.

Yeah, just look at the Chicago Cubs. They were just bought by a new owner and they are staying put. They aren't a better team for it but atleast they are still in Chicago LOL

I'm not in the panic mode yet. After all, I'm sure Gary Bettman will do his best to make certain that the team doesn't move to Canada.

However, it likely means that our "youth movement" will continue indefinitely.

I'm not in the panic mode yet. After all, I'm sure Gary Bettman will do his best to make certain that the team doesn't move to Canada.

However, it likely means that our "youth movement" will continue indefinitely.

Yeah. That's usually the case with new owners. Anything to save a buck.

Meanwhile in Detroit, there is talk about building a new arena that the Wings and Pistons can share. This would save a few $$, and bring Basketball back downtown. Pistons owner passed on recently and his daughter wants to sell the team. Apparently she just doesn't see it as a nice hobby like her dad. (and the team is def in a state of rebuild...)

Go Hawks!

(Actually, I don't care who wins now. It would be nice for our neighbor and rival to get a win, but with Hossa on the team, they are destined to lose in the finals.)

Hawks' Keith loses seven teeth in Game 4 win

The veteran defenseman lost seven teeth when he was hit in the mouth with a puck off the stick of Patrick Marleau during the second period of the Hawks' 4-2 victory in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals Sunday afternoon at the United Center.

"I just smashed all my teeth out," Keith said as he opened his mouth to reveal the damage. "They numbed it after it happened; they just stuck a bunch of needles in there and froze it all up. It feels a lot better when we win. It would probably be hurting a lot more if we lost."

Keith lost four teeth on the bottom and three on top and said afterward he had a long night ahead of him at the dentist.

"I took one breath and it felt like my whole mouth was missing so I knew there were some teeth gone," Keith said. "I saw a couple fall out and I had one in the back of my throat. I could feel it and coughed it out. A bunch of them disintegrated it felt like.

"That sort of thing happens. I'm not the only guy who's ever lost bunch of teeth or been hit in the mouth with a puck or stick and I'm sure I won't be the last guy."

Despite the damage, Keith returned a short time later and assisted on Dave Bolland's game-tying goal and finished with a game-high 29 minutes 2 seconds of ice time.

"I told him it's kind of a blessing in disguise because now he's going to get some nice fake teeth," teammate Patrick Sharp said. "He's going to have a great smile in a couple weeks. That's playoff hockey (written) all over it. A guy takes one in the face, picking out his teeth in the locker room (and) comes back. He assisted on the Bolland goal there, created the whole goal there by taking a big hit. He's walking around, skating around the ice, talking to us before the power play, mumbling what we were supposed to do. I don't think anybody understood what he was talking about."

Haha, Sharp is hilarious!

I'm still here. The whole thread is very dead compared to last year. This year's playofs was one for the record books, and it isn't even over yet.

well you have to admit Redwings vs. Blackhawks is much more exciting than Blackhawks vs. Sharks. When I think of San Jose, hockey is not the first thing that comes to mind. There are just too many teams these days that are located in cities that really do not deserve a hockey team. Why the hell are there hockey teams in Texas and Florida along with many other cities and states i'm not going to bother naming.

Stein, I suppose you think only Italians should eat Italian food?

FYI, according to NHL attendance records, the Sharks draw better than Boston, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Edmonton, and Colorado, among others. (not to mention the lowly Islanders)

Actually, the only thing that comes to mind when I hear San Jose is the Sharks! They have a very good team right now.

Still, I'll root for an Original 6 team over any other. That's just me.

So now that Montreal is out, it's Blackhawks all the way!

I've got to go with the wife and her family and pull for the Hawks in the SCF. Besides, I like their brand of hockey one heckuva lot more than the style that Philly has used in the playoffs thus far. I know it's not exactly a zone trap that Lavy is employing, but it sure feels like watching the old Devils teams from back in the day.

Got to give Laviolette his due though, he took Carolina to a Cup win in 2006 only to get fired a little more than a year after that, and now has taken a Flyers squad to a most unexpected run to the Finals. I think that they are going to be disappointed in Philadelphia, however, as Chicago will be the best team they have faced by far and one that way too many weapons for the Flyers to shut down. The Toews / Kane / Byfuglien combo is deadly right now.

Hawks in 6.

Stevie Y just announced that he's taken the job of GM for the Tampa Lightning.

Thank you Steve, for the many years of dedication to the Red Wings organization, and for providing Wings fans many, many exciting games, and for bringing the cup back to Detroit!

Here's wishing him success (but not too much) in his new job.

Back