buybacks, or lack thereof.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some states it is actually illegal for bartenders to give away free drinks... I'm just saying, liquor laws vary, but bartenders do it for good regulars. The main question is how much did you tip and how much did beers cost. If beers cost $3 and you had tipped $10 for the night (beer and food), you don't deserve a free one, but if you had tipped say $15, I would probably slide you a beer.

Where I am a guy got plastered, wandered into the river, and drowned. We now have to pay a minimum of $2.50 a drink so nobody else will ever get plastered, wander into a river, and drown.

Where I am a guy got plastered, wandered into the river, and drowned. We now have to pay a minimum of $2.50 a drink so nobody else will ever get plastered, wander into a river, and drown.

Are you sure he didn't just fail to notice the river?

jk. Manitoba has more geographies than Nebraska does. Now... Saskatchewan on the other hand..... I remember the time I fell asleep and drove off the road..... Nothing happened. I drove right back onto it. ;)

Does that $2.50 even apply to swill? They're not allowed to host $1 PBR nights or anything? I can't decide whether they're trying to boost or drain the local economy!

Does that $2.50 even apply to swill? They're not allowed to host $1 PBR nights or anything? I can't decide whether they're trying to boost or drain the local economy!

Actually it's a minimum so it usually applies only to swill. If you want something better you have to pay more than that. Of course nobody drinks PBR up here. Mostly Molson and Labatt's products. You know, Canadian swill. :D

Mostly Molson and Labatt's products. You know, Canadian swill. :D
Molson Canadian is only available by the 6'pk of bottles here in NE. Makes me a very sad Chriso. Up in Wisconsin, you can get 18pk's of Molson Canadian cans for like $12. It's heavenly. I need to make another WI run to stock up. Fill up the hatch!

Molson Canadian is only available by the 6'pk of bottles here in NE. Makes me a very sad Chriso. Up in Wisconsin, you can get 18pk's of Molson Canadian cans for like $12. It's heavenly. I need to make another WI run to stock up. Fill up the hatch!

I don't know anybody who drinks Molson Canadian. They changed the recipe a number of years ago just to try and get people to drink it but it didn't work. Honestly, we have more people up here who drink Budweiser (brewed by Molson under license) than Canadian. I certainly don't like it. I've often wondered why they continue to brew it when hardly anyone drinks it, but there have been many Americans who say they like it so I expect there's a robust export market. Enjoy!:mug:

My roommate (from Hamilton, before that, Windsor) drinks it too. He and I both agree on High Life as an alternative though. :)

I really liked the (I think it was) Sleemans Honey Lager? That was tasty. But I'm never drinking Crest again.

Back