olllllo in NAPA 2/28 - 3/2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. My sister will be doing that marathon as well, but sadly I will be in NYC on business. Napa is still a bit of a drive from here, but I've been needing to get over to Russian River. Good luck with the marathon, and cheers to your RRBC visit!

I am in SF Bay, working like a mofo.

I wish I had time to visit.
I love the Napa area. Even though the X-ray's family lives there.

0303091823a.jpg

Nice score!!!

How would you compare the Consecration in regards to the other sour beers RR is doing? How is the sweetness in that one?

Did you try Beatification? OMFG.

Lips of Faith--hoping I can get some at GABF.

Consecration is powerful sour and any sweetness is dark fruit. Supplication is slightly more sweet.
I wouldn't characterize either as being sweet, though.

Beatification is much drier and tart, but clearly not sour.

The marathon.... it rained the entire freaking time. It was the wrong time to wear my longer running shorts. Imagine running in a wet swimsuit. It took me just over 5h which is 20 minutes slower than my slowest time. Consider that I reached the halfway point at about 2 hours.

Consecration is powerful sour and any sweetness is dark fruit. Supplication is slightly more sweet.
I wouldn't characterize either as being sweet, though.

Beatification is much drier and tart, but clearly not sour.

The marathon.... it rained the entire freaking time. It was the wrong time to wear my longer running shorts. Imagine running in a wet swimsuit. It took me just over 5h which is 20 minutes slower than my slowest time. Consider that I reached the halfway point at about 2 hours.

That is too bad... I know and remember what it is like to run in the rain. I was a LD runner in high school and college and in Washington to boot where it occasionally rains :cross:. If you can imagine, I use to be a all american runner in college and all the good stuff in High school too, but that was about 45 lbs ago too.

I never got to do a Full marathon though, I did a half during college days in 1:10

Latest posts

Back