My first cider, talk about interesting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallkiller

Reaction score
I used 1 gallon Martinellis Apple Cider with roughly a pound of wild flower honey. Literally took it and just put it in the fermenter and let it sit for 5 days. OG of over 1.080

After some serious stank action goin' down in the closet I got a gravity of about 1.020 and decided to take matters into my own hands and cold crash it. Grabbed a bucket of ice water and dunked it for 20 minutes. Back sweetened less than half a liter of another kind of cider. Let it sit for about 12 hours. Sampled it just now. I seem to have made an apple wine. That's exactly what it taste like. Not bad but not good because it wasn't my objective haha. I don't care much for wine but this isn't half bad! Gonna pasteurize it tomorrow after it sits in the fridge over night and let it age a couple weeks.

You had to go all "high class" on us with the Martinelli's didn't you?!

The only time I use Martinelli's is to mix with brown sugar as a hose down spray when BBQing, and I don't use that much.

Back