True Kegerator TOO COLD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDr

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but my True Kegerator (TDD-1) which I purchased used last fall (built in 2004) seems to run too much and I have ice building up in my kegs even on the lowest setting. Is the thermostat shot? If so does it make sense to buy a new on from True or to get a more reasonably priced controller (I'm assuming it's going to be expensive) from another place? Has anyone replaced a thermostat on one of these units, is it easy? I pulled the back off the kegerator, but wasn't exactly sure what I was staring at and I can't seem to find on online manual. Any help would be much appreciated.

Might be easier/cheaper to inline a temp controller like you would for fermentation temp control.

If you are getting ice on the kegs, you might have a bad door gasket. Try to slide a business card between the gasket and the frame. Check all the way around. A leaky gasket would also make the unit run too much.

I've seen reports of thermostats going bad after a few years.

Isn't low freon a (potential) cause for this too?

My central A/C used to do this. Found/fixed a leak and filled it with freon.

Latest posts

Back