Priming Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that's a tad high. that would be carbing around 4 volumes, which will be pushing it for normal beer bottles. i'd shoot for 2.5-3.0 for a hefe, which would be in the neighborhood of 4-5 oz by weight.

i think that's a tad high. that would be carbing around 4 volumes, which will be pushing it for normal beer bottles. i'd shoot for 2.5-3.0 for a hefe, which would be in the neighborhood of 4-5 oz by weight.

Thanks Android, that tool says 3.6 - 4.5 volumes of Co2 for a Weizen, double the volume for most other ales.

While I was waiting for a response, I opened a Widmer Bros. Pale Ale, then a Widmer Hefeweizen. The Hefe had slightly less carb. than the Pale Ale.

I'll go w/ your recommendation :mug:

beersmith says 3.6 vols = 6.99 oz of sugar... but again, i think that's pushing it for bottle carbing. i'm sure some have done it successfully, but i reckon you'll be happy with 3 vols.

9 oz. and you would certainly have some bombs on your hands!

I have always done hefes at around 4 oz with great results

Back