Are these burners the same?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobolstinks

Reaction score
They're both "Big Banjo" BG14 burners. If there's a BTU difference between them it's the particular orifice they include, so you can fit a low pressure orifice and run it with a low pressure regulator.

I have a pair of these running high pressure (20psi "green" propane regulator) and I don't think there's a better behaved burner out there for the price...

Cheers!

I can tell you first hand that they are very similar, but not identical. Another brewer friend has both of these exact burners and the one from BrewersHardware has a much nicer smooth finish and all the flame tip cones are much more uniform. The Agri supply unit seems to be from a rough casting and some of the tip cones are are not as smooth and cause some variable flames.

The BTU difference is because one is spec'd for the low pressure BTU's and one is high pressure. You can use the burner for either if you change out the orifice (or drill out the high pressure orifice for low pressure).

Back