What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atwater's Java Vanilla Porter. It's ok, but I think the vanilla is too strong and the coffee... well, if it didn't say so on the bottle, I would never think there was any it it.

Especially since I just kegged my coffee-vanilla porter, and it tasted fargin' awesome!

Irish Red Ale I made from a random all grain recipe I found on the interwebs.

It isn't really red but it tastes all right.

Atwater's Java Vanilla Porter. It's ok, but I think the vanilla is too strong and the coffee... well, if it didn't say so on the bottle, I would never think there was any it it.

Especially since I just kegged my coffee-vanilla porter, and it tasted fargin' awesome!

Almost as awesome as victory over the Badgers? ;)

image-1791381313.jpg

HB stout float. (Forgot to chill the WootStout. D'oh!)

DisturbdChemist's sour hard cider. Very good!

image-1940571466.jpg

With dinner. Venison and bacon cheeseburger with garlic and parsley fries.

image-4073023051.jpg

Wild brown #1. Shoulda checked log before sampling, tried this one a month ago. Weird spicy funk has subdued and acidity is increasing nicely. Should be pretty good when it's ready to bottle.

image-2508358961.jpg

Maybe one more sample while I rack today's beer and then on to some bottles.

DisturbdChemist's sour hard cider. Very good!

With dinner. Venison and bacon cheeseburger with garlic and parsley fries.

Wes if I'm ever in Texas I'll be going to your house for dinner I fooooooking love venison in fact bow season opens this Tuesday yip yip yippppppppppppy!!!! That means it's time to kill if I could fvcking hold my bow with a broken hand :-(

Wes if I'm ever in Texas I'll be going to your house for dinner I fooooooking love venison in fact bow season opens this Tuesday yip yip yippppppppppppy!!!! That means it's time to kill if I could fvcking hold my bow with a broken hand :-(

Toughen up!

I'm drinking tea, so tired of services and the stress that comes from estate sales with 10 families involved.

NIZZLE said:

Best burger meat ever. 70% ground venison, 30% ground bacon ends and pieces. Everyone that's had it loves it. I mix up at least 30-40 lbs of it each deer season. Vacuum seal it and it lasts all year.
Sucks about your hand. Crossbow maybe? :D

Best burger meat ever. 70% ground venison, 30% ground bacon ends and pieces. Everyone that's had it loves it. I mix up at least 30-40 lbs of it each deer season. Vacuum seal it and it lasts all year.
Sucks about your hand. Crossbow maybe? :D

Crossbows are illegal for hunting here

Rod Flanders, batch 2 of my wlp 665 beers. Thinking I'll have to brew a clean malty red to blend these with. Racking stout to fermentor. image-1600230222.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Crossbows are illegal for hunting here

They were previously only legal in Texas for disabled hunters. Now they're legal for anybody.

What? No special name for me? ;)
Wesalickalotafish.
ill help out! hang on
I knew I could count on ol' fuzzfan!
I'm hear just been watching breaking bad for 3 days straight.
is it about zombies? no?!? NO EXCUSE!

I'm in Canada dealing with 2 funerals, and performing roughly 6 million kneel, stand, sit, kneel, stand maneuvers. But then again you didn't ask where I was :sadpanda:

I'm sorry Channel69, I didn't mean to leave you out of the loop.you deserve a vacation from your ordeal. I'd hand you a 3 beans if I could.

Loved that beer! Thanks for the info. So their BdG is brewed with the saison strain?

Finishing up the liter of blackberry Berliner from last night while my saison warms up and I mill some grain.

I didn't ask specifically, but would assume so. You'll be able to judge for yourself on Wednesday. ;)

I wouldn't turn it down (like I would Bud or BL), but I would buy it either.

The party was at good friends and I've made progress on his beerducation (but it was mostly their family of BMC drinkers so he could only go so far?). Still it could have been much, much worse.

When Merrill Reese thinks things are bad it's real bad. Eagles are a very depressing team right now. Another Amarillo ahtanum ipa

They did s*ck today ... But everyone who has gone against Peyton this year has looked inept.

geez! what the flocc, people? where's NUZZLE, Remmy, fuzzymuttonlovin, TNGrapes? and LerlerMT? McNerbs?

Well after over-eating at the party I stopped drinking so I could save room for my side-by-side tasting of Lizard Queen:

image-648928420.jpg

Jackie O's on the left & Tired Hands on the left. For the same recipe they have quite a bit of difference. Jackie O's is clearer with more aroma while Tired Hands has a little more body and finish. Still,obviously the same beer and both great.

Fellow brewers HELP!

I know this is off topic but I can't get any replies elsewhere. Question:

I think I screwed up my starter. It's been sitting on a stir plate for two days. I was going to brew yesterday but didn't and forgot to throw the starter in the fridge. Now I'm cooling my wort. Should I just throw all two liters in the fermenter?

Is constant stirring after the wort is fermented bad for the yeast?

I do have a packet of Notty but I really don't want to use it unless you think I ruined the other yeast

Fellow brewers HELP!

I think I screwed up my starter. It's been sitting on a stir plate for two days. I was going to brew yesterday but didn't and forgot to throw the starter in the fridge. Now I'm cooling my wort. Should I just throw all two liters in the fermenter?

I do have a packet of Notty but I really don't want to use it unless you think I ruined the other yeast

There is no off topic in this thread. Pitching the entire starter at high krausen is usually best. I don't know what the right thing for you to do is. Personally, I'd throw the beer in the ferm chamber and the starter in the fridge overnight and then decant and pitch in the a.m. If you've got good sanitation, 12 hrs before pitching is nothing to worry about.

mcbaumannerb said:
Jackie O's on the left & Tired Hands on the left. For the same recipe they have quite a bit of difference. Jackie O's is clearer with more aroma while Tired Hands has a little more body and finish. Still,obviously the same beer and both great.

Then what's in the glass on the right? ;)

HoppyDaze said:
Fellow brewers HELP!

Keep your shenanigans in the obnoxious football thread. ;)

Totes said:
Fred. Barrel aged cherry Fred.

Is that a fake mannequin hand or are you a vampire!? :D Holy schnikies If you ever open a brewery it should be called pale hands :drunk:

Sounds like a good beer enjoy :mug:

Autumn saison I pitched 96 hrs ago.

image-1550299907.jpg

3726 is every bit the beast 3711 is, but it actually makes a tasty beer. 1.050 to 1.002 in 96 hrs. 96% apparent attenuation. I'll let it clean up for another 48 hrs before I crash it. Grain to glass in 3 weeks for a bottle conditioned saison isn't bad.

Back