Cities ranked by drunkest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to self: No fun going on in Durham, NC.

What's Miami doing at #2 as least drunk? NY at #8 least I can see since everyone hops in a cab.

What does "most dangerously" mean? I live in Chapel Hill, the next town over from Durham, and we're quite drunk. I think we're just better at it.

That's silly. I used to live in Southern NH and we drank all the time..Now i live in the Boston area and we still drink all the time.That list is flawed..

65. Los Angeles D+

Considering just how many people there are in LA, that's a whole lot of drunk people. I'm not surprised that the highest ranking CA city is Fresno. If I had to live there I'd be drunk too. :drunk: :D

Article a little biased?? "Drunker" cities get an "F", uh ok. Should be renamed "US cities with the most Stupid drunk people." I would love to see the formula they use to calculate this ridiculous list.

Furthermore, dare to compare ANY US city to an EU one. Who is more Dangerous?

Currently, I live closest to El Paso (F). I'm moving close to San Antonio (F+) next Spring. SWMBO and I want to retire somewhere in the Colorado Springs (F++) / Denver (F+++) area.

SWEET! There are fun people everywhere I want to go!

I'm somewhere between 46 and 88. :)

I can't believe how biased this is, but I expect nothing less from MADD and understand that it's brought to me by Microsoft...

I dont know if it has already been said. I would have to go with Ft. Bragg NC. Most alcohol sales from a single store in a 24 hour period in the US.

The 82nd Airborne, most physically fit drunks in the world.

Alamo_Beer said:
C- ehh not bad

I'm kinda suprised San Antonio beat Austin

I'm not. Austin has a lot of college students and the bars/clubs are close enough for them to walk to and from or at least allow for one trip. The places here in SA are not close together and you've got to drive from one to the next, with a few exceptions.

I'm surprised at how many people binge drink here in SA. People like to claim this is a 'conservative' town but it's not when it comes to alcohol.

why does Denver get an F... the grading scale is backwards. Denver gets the A+ Durham, NC gets the F-- for being most boring town in USA.

I lived in Galway, Ireland last summer... I think it should top the list. Drinking in Ireland is nuts... Needless to say, I loved it!

The study should be described as the cities most unable to handle intoxication.

The northern states fair much better, it seems...list makers seem to be p*****....:D

Don't try this at home- we are seasoned experts! :ban:

To clarify:
The list is made up of the DANGEROUSLY drunk cities. These are the places you are most likely to do harm to yourself or others as a result of your dinking either through drunk driving or drinking yourself to death. The grades are the grades given out by MADD to those cities.

Least Dangerously Drunk
2. Miami, FL

I think it has to do with the fact everyone who drinks and drives tend to drink from 10PM-5AM then drive home at 7AM.. **** never closes out here.

Did you guys see this? Look at the generalization under the "Deputize Yourself"..wide turns..you're drunk!

Last Call

Studies show that state laws that put strict limits on where and when alcohol can be sold help cut the number of booze-induced trips to the E.R. — and the morgue. That's because self-destructive drinkers tend to buy alcohol impulsively and at late hours. Go to alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov to see if your state could use a stronger stance.

Deputize Yourself

Roughly 1.4 million people are arrested for DUIs each year, but Mothers Against Drunk Driving estimates that for every driver cuffed, another 88 are never pulled over. Use your cell phone to lower that number. Besides the obvious indicators of intoxication, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also cites subtler signs, such as someone making extra-wide turns, going straight through a turn-only lane, or driving with his or her face close to the windshield. If the clues accumulate, make the call. (In many states, 311 is nonemergency dispatch.)

Dang, Austin missed being in the top 5. I guess we'll just have to work harder next year. :cross::drunk::cross::mug:

sause said:
Milwaukee... number one via actual science.

Check it out
No doubt on this one.
- When I bartended in the early 90s in a south side blue collar suburban bar, it was fairly commonplace to give customers their last drink in a "go cup".
-We would serve mixed drinks in a regular high ball glass and for 10 cents extra, you could get a mixer in a beer mug instead. Yea, not a lot of high ball glasses getting used.
-When the drinking age was 18, it was fairly easy to get into bars at age 15 or 16. I was a regular at a place that my best friend's uncle owned at age 16. His cousin was bartender there and one night after we had been going there for almost two years, he was looking at my driver's licence and said, "you just turned 18 two weeks ago? I have been serving you for almost 2 years!!" I said, "you are the same age as me and you have been bartending and serving me those drinks, plus shooting pool in the traveling league."
-There was beer at our high school senior picnic which I believe came out of the student council fund. You had to show an ID and get a hand stamp, but the stampers were other seniors (not a lot of IDs getting checked).

Unbeleiveable the way it used to be - those stories are not really that unusual for that time period in Milwaukee. It slowed a bit when the drinking age went to 21, but not by much.

96. Fargo, ND F WOOT!

But I think its because of the cops and all the DUI's that are written. They will set up stops "sobriety checkpoints" where they pull everyone over and check them. Lame-o!!

This actually made the front page of our newspaper!

Latest posts

Back