question for the 3 tier brew stand owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
Most people use square tubing. What size did you use? Also, anyone have a parts list for the propane lines? I have no idea what im doing when it comes to running propane lines and for some reason that scares me. Annnd any information on how you mount your burners would be great. Im hoping to get my 3 tier built in the next month or so!

I used round tubing because it was free (basketball hoop thing in the bulk trash) but it's much more challenging to fit than square. I mounted my burners with a tee shaped post which allowed for some adjustment. you can see my build thread here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-first-3-tier-gravity-brew-stand-104666/

I have a large banjo burner for the boil kettle now so I need to redo the burner mount, for now it site on a cinder block.

Here's mine:

stand_2.jpg

2" square tubing, 1/2" black gas pipe and fittings

cool, thanks guys. Bernie, how are you transferring from your boil kettle to fermenter? it looks kind of low to gravity feed.

cool, thanks guys. Bernie, how are you transferring from your boil kettle to fermenter? it looks kind of low to gravity feed.

The lowest burner (for the boil kettle) is on a sleeve that goes around the trunk of the stand so I can raise it up with a boat winch.

winch.jpg

Brilliant! That's exactly (or darn near) what I want to do. I want to avoid having a pump, and going thru 25' of counterflow would be very difficult without good elevation (or a pump).

I'm considering making one with a tri (or quad)-beam so that all parts can travel to the top without anything in the way, and so that the boil kettle can go all the way to the top for higher elevation through the counter-flow.

M_C

Here's mine:

stand_2.jpg

2" square tubing, 1/2" black gas pipe and fittings

Nice! Ill have to do something similar. Ouch i just looked up boat winches and they are pretty pricey. Know where i can get a good deal on one?

Also, i have a question about burners. I have burners that look like this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N4D0ZVBXL._SS500_.jpg

Im going to get a third burner (banjo burner), for my boil kettle. Are there any issues with using different kinds of burners? If i just buy the burner, what else do i need to buy to hook it up? im pretty confused about all the propane supplies ill need

Latest posts

Back