What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpkin is done with some help from my new apprentice. Now time to relax a bit.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414715100.329044.jpg

Well, I finally opened one. I was saving it for the birth of my son which happened 3 weeks ago. But the Giants were still in the playoffs, and I decided to wait and see where it went. Well, as a new father and the Giants are World Series champs, I decided to open it and celebrate both at the same time. And wow!! What a beer!!!

Quick story, these were actually brought back from Belgium by a family friend and 2 were given to me last Christmas. These are not the US released Westy 12s. These are the real deal. Cheers!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414715111.448019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, I know. I should not have bought the damned lieny winter pack. Canoe Paddler was so good this summer that I gave them a 12 dollar chance.

On a room temp Lagunitas imp red cause I have been getting kids in bed. More Wisconsin drain pour photos are sure to follow.

Can we at least agree that it was fun to blame Ryan for the vanilla one?

:ban:

Yeah, I know. I should not have bought the damned lieny winter pack. Canoe Paddler was so good this summer that I gave them a 12 dollar chance.

On a room temp Lagunitas imp red cause I have been getting kids in bed. More Wisconsin drain pour photos are sure to follow.

Can we at least agree that it was fun to blame Ryan for the vanilla one?

:ban:

Deal. :mug:

HB quad. I think I might sit outside and drink out of this tomorrow while the trick-or-treaters come around. #wildlyimpracticalglassware

1414716308994.jpg

and they would be happy to have it!

I remember one of the many times I had my mouth washed out with dish soap quite clearly. I was 11 or 12. I hate mushrooms. cooked, raw, it doesn't matter. I hate the taste, the smell, the texture, I just hate them. my mom made a casserole (hot dish to you MN folks) that was loaded with canned mushrooms. I took one bite and spit it back on my plate. my mom pulled the "starving kids in China" bit on me. I told her, "Then you can send them this $#!% because I ain't eatin' it!"

I'm having my last Alaskan Pumpkin Porter.

If we send the starving kids in china every bottle of that iron fist hired hand saison they say f*ck this **** and pour it down the drain like I did. They're hungry but that doesn't mean they don't have standards

If we send the starving kids in china every bottle of that iron fist hired hand saison they say f*ck this **** and pour it down the drain like I did. They're hungry but that doesn't mean they don't have standards

Sales of Bud are picking up in China...maybe they don't! :drunk:

Today has been a good day for beer in the Hurst house.
Had my first jacky o at a tap house on the way home. Now drinking this.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414718739.284572.jpg
And my porch got bombed from 2 different sources :) pics of those will be posted after kids finish carving pumpkins and go to bed.

I'm having the last of the stuff I got from Lancaster Brewing easly last Spring. It was all pretty mediocre, at best. The Milk Stout is the best of the lot. Now I have one Troeganator left...but since it is being distributed here now, I guess I can drink it soon.

DSC06221.jpg

This stuff is really, really good. Too bad they don't harvest fresh hops every day, brew beer with the wet hops, and put it in my refrigerator when it's ready.

SnHarvestAle.jpg

Blazing World.

Good to be home. Even tho I was just sitting in the car for 6 hours, amazing how tired I am...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414720216.448718.jpg

Back