Moving and Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I am about to move into a different apartment in just over 2 weeks.

If I brew tomorrow, I can have fermentation for my Hoe garden clone finished by move out. However, if I put it in a keg after 2 weeks and move it to the new place would that effect the beer at all? Should I just wait to brew until I move?

Just try to limit the temperature fluctuation as you are moving it. Once its in the keg you are fine so long as you don't start heating it up and cooling it down a bunch. The only thing I see being a problem is if something unexpected happens, like a stuck fermentation that causes you to need more time. Just things to think about, I would probably try brewing.

I brewed the Hoegaarden clone from Austin this weekend. I am still waiting for some bubbling......waiting patiently though.

Let me know how yours turns out and what you used.

Good luck with the move.

SMC

You havnt seen bubbles in 3 days, that is a little too long for comfort for me. How well did you aerate your wort? Did you do anything to ensure your yeast was healthy and what kind of yeast did you use?

I brewed right before i moved without thinking and had to haul a glass carboy downstairs and to the back of an entire complex one week after brewing....talk about PRESSURE! It actually got shaken up ALOT and i was super upset and saying (Son of a B! i'm just gonna throw this **** out)....to my pleasure....it turned out great! Don't worry

Back