Damn Digging Dog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I appreciate it, but once these are dead, no more dogs for me. I like the freedom of just being able to go too much and want that back. I'm thinking after this my son can have a hamster/lizard/goldfish if he wants a pet.

Stick with fish or a snake then, you can let them both go a while without food. And you can pick up an auto feeder for the fish if you are talking a week or more.

The problem with dogs is this yes they are a huge responsibility but the return is there as well. I have met plenty of people that say they would never do it again but do. They fill a spot in our hearts and lives that very few things can.

We have 6 dogs...poop in the holes is great. We generally only try to discourage digging around the fence, they can did in the yard all they want. Our guys like trying to catch lizards and such around the greasewoods, so sometimes they dig to catch the lizards....yes we have a big yard, acreage!:rockin:

we adopted a mutt puppy a 1.5 years ago. She is a great dog, but the dominant part of her breeding has turned out to be boarder collie. She is very sweet and very good, but sometimes she just has too much energy and gives us this look like 'i want to be good, i just can't sit still'.

The solution was simple. Walk her. A LOT. At one point we were going on three two-mile walks a day (i work from home so this was easier to accomplish). Once we hit about this routine our life with the dog got so much better. Wearing her out was the only way to deal with her energy and to get her to calm down at night and we still can tell when she didn't get enough exercise that day.

Back