3 weeks in the keg and no carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrtickel

Reaction score
Hello
I keg my first PM 3 weeks ago it was the BM cennential blonde and everything went well.
When i kegged my beer i let my beer naturally prime with 87g of table sugar for 5 gallons at 19C for the 3 weeks the reason i naturally prime is because i dont have Co2 i only have a mix gas Co2 and Nitrogen and when i pulled a pint from it last nit my beer was flat.
My question is did i use to little of priming sugar and is there anything i can do to get it carb?
Would to long of beer lines make it flat mine are from keg to cooler 4ft long and cooler to tap 4ft long?
The beer tastes fine just no carbonation :mad:

Lines aren't the issue. You could always carb it up with your beer gas and have the waterfall effect. Just my 2 cents

Hello beerman0001 the keg i use is a a keg from the pub that uses a U type coupler and the last couple of times i kegged my beer i didnt need to gas it to seal it, my beers carb ok but this time it didnt. I was just wondering how would i get it carbed now and did i use enough priming sugar.

Hello beerman0001 the keg i use is a a keg from the pub that uses a U type coupler and the last couple of times i kegged my beer i didnt need to gas it to seal it, my beers carb ok but this time it didnt. I was just wondering how would i get it carbed now and did i use enough priming sugar.

if your corney keg doesnt seal 100% at zero PSI (like a lot of them dont), then naturally carbonating the keg will not produce CO2 fast enough to seat the lid and seal any small leaks. you should hit the keg with 5-10 PSI right after adding the priming sugar to make sure any small leaks are sealed.

you probably used the right amount of sugar, and it probably produced enough CO2, but it was produced so slowly that it didnt stay in the keg.

Latest posts

Back