Chicago beer bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-love

Reaction score
On my way to Chicago and want a great taphouse with lots of local stuff available. Any suggestions?

I don't have a hotel booked yet, so I don't care what part of the city its in. Hopefully it's near good pizza!

Thanks in advance!

If you want pizza and beer in one great place. Piece is the place to go. piecechicago.com
there are a bunch of others too but for those items together its the best

The Map Room or The Hop Leaf have great selections but you might as well go straight to the breweries. Piece is a brewpub/pizza joint but they don't make Chicago style, for pizza try Lou Manati's, Stefano's, Gino's, or Giordano's in that order. I'd suggest going to Haymarket, Revolution, and Half Acre. HA has Saturday tours for $10, you get a mug and way too much beer, I've gotten pretty tipsy there off "samples" just make sure to be there early as there's always a line. Two Brothers is great if you want to travel to the burbs (Cane and Ebel rocks). I'm not sure if they're accessible by the metra? If you have a car and are adventurous 3 Floyd's is an hour to hour and a half from downtown and of course is amazing, though you would certainly be able to find their main beers at any respectable beer bar it would be lucky to stumble upon Zombie Dust or anything else more rare from them.

Find Goose Island Green Line - a malty pale ale, one of my favorites, only served on tap in the city, in select locations. Link

Two Brothers is great if you want to travel to the burbs (Cane and Ebel rocks). I'm not sure if they're accessible by the metra?

TwoBrothers is great. It's in Warrenville, so a good 30mins+ west of the city. Not accessible via metra (Wheaton/West Chicago is probably closest stop).

Tons of bars downtown carry 2bros stuff though.

Thanks guys. We're driving in and only staying for one night, then it's on to Madison tomorrow. New Glarus here I come!

Is hop leaf or map room closer to a Lou manattis?

Back