Clear Flip tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docapi

Reaction score
My SWMBO was in Target the other day and ran across these:

Picture

Pretty cool looking, too.

They were $3.99, and the lemonade inside was actually really good. The bottles are 1000ml, and they definitely can handle a lot of pressure- the first one I opened popped like a champagne and sprayed all over.

I know, clear bottles= skunked beer, but they might work well for short term storage, wines, or the ever-present Apfelwien.

Might be a way to get into some slightly different flip-tops, and get the rug rats to help out emptying them.

Docapi said:
My SWMBO was in Target the other day and ran across these:

Picture

Pretty cool looking, too.

They were $3.99, and the lemonade inside was actually really good. The bottles are 1000ml, and they definitely can handle a lot of pressure- the first one I opened popped like a champagne and sprayed all over.

I know, clear bottles= skunked beer, but they might work well for short term storage, wines, or the ever-present Apfelwien.

Might be a way to get into some slightly different flip-tops, and get the rug rats to help out emptying them.

I have these and use them exactly as you described.

I save the brown bags that I get when I buy a bomber for that drink-on-the-street look and feel.

My sister in law drinks that.. She gave us about 5 bottles and we used it for Lemoncillo. Worked perfect.

The Target around here was selling them as clearance and my wife bought me the last 6 bottles they had. I filled one from my last batch and it held perfectly.

Latest posts

Back