Secondary Fermintation????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest

Reaction score
Westminster, Uk. But only till the end of Decembe
I have over twenty extract brews under my belt and and my first ever AG brew was huge success. I have seen several people on these forums talk about having a beer in the Secondary Fermentor and have seen the same on several people's sigs. I was taught to homebrew by my uncle which never used a secondary fermentor (or even a carboy for that matter, just a giant trashcan). I have never used a secondary fermentor even though I have a second carboy and all of my beers have come out fine. So I was just wondering why one would want to put beer into the secondary fermentor and anyother information about secondary fermentation that anyone would like to add.

Thanks in advance,

no problem. there's a lot of info on here and it's rather difficult to search by keyword sometimes with all the discussion that happens. i'm new to the boards and just happened to be following these over the last week or so :D

Back