Describe Your Greatest Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

statseeker

Reaction score
This thread is designed to put into words what only your tastebuds and your eyes can perceive. What is your best homebrew? Color, taste, mouthfeel. Every facet of the brew you are most proud of.

Mine is my most recent kegged beer, an IPA I call Zero Pointe IPA from a recipe I kicked around for a couple of months before I decided to try it. This beer has a wonderful balance of sweet malt and fruity hoppy scents when put into a liquor snifter. The Amarillo hops take center stage and are extremely present until the beer warms up to closer to room temperature. The taste is extremely vibrant. The honey and crystal malts stay ever so slightly behind the Amarillo hops when the beer is cold. They give the one two punch with the Cascade and East Kent Goldings hops as the beers gets warmer. The warmth forces the Amarillo to the background and the less pungent flavoring hops out to the front. But it never loses the honey sweetness that balances that hoppy bite. The color is an amber that, if you didnt know it was beer, you would think held a prehistoric mosquito that was frozen in time 65 million years ago. This beer is that perfectly balanced brew that I can say unequivocally that I would not only brew again, but I would put it in competition with most of the commercial IPAs I've had. I cant wait to do it again.

Describe yours my friends.

Eddie

Back