Quick Help 4 beers or 1 for National Home brew comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcrawford

Reaction score
I'm in Colorado - can I drop off 4 beers for nationals at Oskar Blues or should I just drop off 1 and then if I advance send the additional 3 to California. If I drop off 4 tonight will the other 3 end up in the right place for the second round?

1 is required for 1st round then 3 for second round.

Thanks

thats what i thought but someone told me you could drop off 4 and not have to worry about send beer in for round 2..... hummm.

that might be better also b/c i don't know how my beer will do in bottles for a few months b/c its kegged now.

thats what i thought but someone told me you could drop off 4 and not have to worry about send beer in for round 2..... hummm.

that might be better also b/c i don't know how my beer will do in bottles for a few months b/c its kegged now.

But, how will Oskar blues know if/when/where to send the beer? You're the one that would be notified, and then send it in. I don't think they'd be UPSing your beer to the nationals for you. I could be wrong, of course, but the way it's been done in the past is to send one in as directed. Then, if you advance, you get your certificate and the instructions for where to send the additional entries.

Side note: If your brew advances to the second round...you don't have to send in the same batch for the second round that you sent in for the first round. You could 'rebrew' another batch and send that in. That surprised me a little.

Back