A great week for beer (at my house)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkatuw

Reaction score
It started on Saturday when SWMBO made reservations for the Summit brewery tour in Minneapolis (or maybe it was St. Paul). The tour was nice and I was surprised by the sampling/tasting room. They gave you 3 tokens (and SWMBO doesn't drink, so I got 6) and the samples weren't your typical 3-4oz samples, I'm guessing they were somewhere around 10-12oz. After 5 I was feeling pretty good.

Then we went to the mall of america (boring) and then visited some friends who just had a baby. Next we went to Midwest Supplies where I quickly filled up my shopping cart before they closed:

IMG_8841.JPG

Enough grains for my next 5-6 batches and some yeast and a couple fermenting buckets...I've only used carboys in the past, but the price is right for buckets.

Then we met some other friends at Granite City and their beer is only so so, but atleast the food is decent.

I thought the goodness was over, but I got home from playing tennis last night and SWMBO was really excited and I asked her why. And it's because she was in the process of booking flights/hotel to Denver to attend the GABF! I've never been before, but I'm really excited.

Then to make things even better, I got the go ahead today to order 4 more kegs (for a total of 10). I was thinking I couldn't brew for a while since all my kegs/fermenters are full, but not anymore! If anyone is curious, I got the kegs from homebrewing.org for $25 each shipped!

Now I just need to find a way to convince SWMBO that I need to upgrade to forward sealing faucets. The purse strings have been wide open since we got the stimulus check yesterday, so now is probably the time to ask!

I just got the tracking number from Adventures in Homebrewing and the kegs are scheduled to be delivered on 7/17, this thursday, that's crazy fast shipping!

Back