What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aforementioned reconditioned 7lb steel CO2 tank from Beverage Elements. Got the prescribed strange looks from Linweld, but they filled it for $16.

View attachment 66854

Why do images from my mobile end up sideways at times? Anyone have any input?

Try holding your phone sideways when you take the pic. I think when you take the pic upright it turns the photo sideways for some reason.

Complete Midwest brewing kit. And extra 6.5 gal. Carboy. It was a very good day!

A packet of loan paperwork from the bank...but at least it's for a good cause and we'll have our own home where I can start building my basement bar and have my own brew area!!!

A packet of loan paperwork from the bank...but at least it's for a good cause and we'll have our own home where I can start building my basement bar and have my own brew area!!!

I'm with you on the loan paperwork. We close on our house tomorrow. Finally have a big garage to brew in. The pool is also a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

MoreBeer shipment arrived!

M-80 IPA - Extract Beer Kit

Rogue's I2PA - Extract Beer Kit
and
Extra Special Bitter Ale - Extract Beer Kit

2 lbs Amarillo! Wooot!
20140618_190452_zps5b8badc4.jpg

197-439-thickbox.jpg

Good Beer Guide Belgium

I've been trying to get an old copy of this book for some time. I was excited to find out that it was being released as a new 7th edition with all the latest breweries and locations to visit added. If you live outside of the UK and can't wait for it to be released this fall (like me) then you can buy it from a UK bookstore. I just got my copy today and it is packed with information! Everything from telephone numbers, times to visit, maps, and tons of pictures.

Got my portable keg kit today from KegConnection. Kudos to these guys for getting me my order before I moved. Now to find a cooler to convert to a rolling kegerator!

2 cornies, CO2 tank, regulator, various tubing, and a couple of cheap plastic taps. Had to start somewhere. Kit discount FTW!

It seems as though this damn city has an Anti-CO2-after-5pm-mafia. I'm not happy about that.

I love it when my supplies are delivered.

I got my order from Austin Homebrew!! Today's delivery was the grain bill for a kind of Yuengling clone but made as an ale, order complete with yeast and hops.
I have never brewed it before so that will be new.

Got 3 lbs of Extra Pale DME to replenish stock, and a new bottle filler.

Just like Christmas!!

Not sure about the Yuengling, but I have drank a few after a friend suggested it to me. I must say it is a good beer.

I'm originally from Mississippi as well, Eupora to be exact, which was in the DRY county of Webster. Luckily enough, the county line wasn't far away...

Which part of MS are you from? I haven't been back since 2007...living half way around the world in Greece now...

Cheers and good luck with the brew!

AlfA01

maris otter, crystal 15L, Simcoe hops, big scale and small scale! just in time for a RR Row 2 Hill 56 clone! mashing right now!

2 packs of Lalvin 1118 champagne yeast. Insurance against a stuck barleywine.

This is possibly my largest ever purchase which didn't come with wheels and an engine.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403517015.841222.jpg

Cascade Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100 gms x 2
Centennial Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100 gms x 1
Safale US-05 Yeast x 2
Amarillo Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100 gms x 2
Roasted Barley Crushed 1kg x 1
Danstar Nottingham Beer Yeast x 2
Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast x 2
3/8" OD Grey Beer/Gas line (1 m) x 10
Solomon Grundy Platinum 30 Bottle Pinot Grigio x 1
Crystal Malt Crushed 1kg x 2
Carafa Special 1 (crushed) 500g x 1
Cornelius Style Keg - Brand New x 2
Cara Malt Crushed 1kg x 1
Cornelius Keg x 4 Special Bundle x 1
Columbus Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100 gms x 2
Corker 2 Handled,Auto Wine x 1
Corks (100's) x 1
70L boil kettle with sight glass and 1/2" ball valve x1
12" stainless steel domed false bottom x1
Platinum cured silicone tubing 1/2" (1m) x5
Optic malt crushed (25kg) -to follow.

I'm exhausted from just unpacking it all.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Shiny new 10gal kettle, a couple ball valves and a couple bazooka screens. The all-grain upgrade is complete!

got 3 lbs of coriander! and a bunch of tools for my pelican travel toolbox. funny thing, my son told me that we had the usps, ups and fedex trucks in front of the house at the same time!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403745559.331140.jpg
Assorted grains for future brews Coopers carbonation drops so i can bottle from my kegs and WLP670 White Labs American farmhouse blend for a rye farmhouse ale i'm brewing this weekend

View attachment 207617
Assorted grains for future brews Coopers carbonation drops so i can bottle from my kegs and WLP670 White Labs American farmhouse blend for a rye farmhouse ale i'm brewing this weekend

Just wondering, when bottling from kegs, why would you need carb drops? I carbonate in the keg and fill bottles using a chunk of the tubing shoved in the tap, cap on foam and only lose some carbonation.

Have a couple of those Maverick and really like them, make it easy to keep an eye on what's under the lid!

Ever used them in an oven or is that not recommended due to the probe cable causing the door to not seal completely?

Today I should be getting my hibiscus flowers for my Hi Nelson! sasion (recipe from HBT member fuzzymittenbrewing) and vanilla beans. I'm hoping this batch of beans do not mold in 2 weeks. :(

Just wondering, when bottling from kegs, why would you need carb drops? I carbonate in the keg and fill bottles using a chunk of the tubing shoved in the tap, cap on foam and only lose some carbonation.

Ive tried that method many times and I just cant seem to control the foam i'm sure it's probably something i'm doing wrong but I just cannot get it right. Recently I saw an article on here from someone who fills bottles prior to force carbing and uses carb drops in the bottle. I thought I would give this a shot since I have had zero success the other way.

Back