Electric build instructable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbippers

Reaction score
I just wanted to share that I finished my electric build and documented the whole process in pretty explicit detail over on instructables.com. My goal was to put together a system as simple/cheap as possible. The whole thing including electric outlet installation ran me about $300. Hopefully people considering an electric build in the future will find it useful. Thanks again to everyone who helped with feedback here. Did a 5 and 10 gallon batch on it in the last 3 days. Life is good.

Great job man, thanks for taking the time to go through everything in the detail you did!

Great job documenting! 1 question:
Why did you decide on a switch instead of a contactor?

-Matt

Nice job! I've been wanting a simple build just like this to get started. Theres a lot of good material but its either wicked expensive builds or spread out in a bunch of different spots This is a reasonable cost and looks well written.

I'm in the process of building this based on your instructables. First, I just wanted to say thank you for putting this together with the amount of detail that you did.

I have a question though. If I built this with an interchangeable power cord so that I could plug it into a 240V outlet or a 120V outlet would I have to change any of the internals or any of the PID settings for it to function? I realize that it will have half the power, I'm just hoping that I can use the same controller with multiple input voltages.

Thanks for the help,
Billy

awesome job! I thought those heating elements fit into keggles though... why did you have to bend it then?

can you upload the wiring diagrams on this forum? they are impossible to see on that site with such small pics

has anyone made this that can comment? FRom reading the instructions, the heating element plugs into the box with the AUBER PID which plugs into the GCFI which then plugs into the outlet? Am I reading it properly?

Back