brew making playlist?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtupper

Reaction score
So here it is, the best qestion ever. Being a fan of music way before my love of beer in my life, I am searching to make the absolute best playlist for making beer. So what do you listen to while making your special stuff? Humor? Rock? Crooners? Country? List em all. All opinions welcome. So dust off the CDs radios and iPods and let's create the best brewing playlist!

Ready

Set

GO!!!!

Since brew day is a 5-7 hour affair, I usually listen to entire albums by a single artist, one after the other. This keeps me from having to spend too much time thinking about what I'm going to listen to next, and generally keeps the same mood throughout the brew session, except when I run out of albums and have to change to a new artist.

Last brew day, I listened to every Arcade Fire album, then started on the Beatles, working backwards from Abbey Road.

Next brew day will probably be Rush or Pink Floyd. I should have enough of either of those to get me through the entire day.

I'll just put on one of my itunes playlists. Last time was my summer playlist with Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews, Allman Brothers, Steely Dan, RHCP, the Bamboos, and various other 90's bands. Pretty much anything that will keep me relaxed will do.

Gorillaz. Modest mouse. Queens of the stone age. Battles. Tomahawk. Mr bungle. Then of course there's the classics. Hendrix. Zappa. Arthur brown. Ususally we have band practice during the down time. I love music and brew days haha.

Last brew day was Caribou, Soundgarden, Shpongle, J-Dilla, and Slick Rick. Huh...guess I jumped all over the place that day :rockin:

Five Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold, Cu Dubh, In This Moment, 30 Seconds To Mars, Florence and The Machine, Kings of Leon, SOAD, and maybe some BN podcasts... Every brew day is different!

I think this was covered in another thread of a similar theme, but I'll say it again... Death metal goes well on a brew day. Although I usually pop on a classic rock or hard rock plalist on my iPod, or just shuffle my entire library.

Muse, Trombone Shorty, Modest Mouse, Led Zepellin, Todd Rundgren, Oysterhead, Tool, Presidents of the United States, Tripping Daisy, Hendrix, George Harrison, Deftones, Dream Theater, Black Keys.... BOOM:rockin:

Szimdars said:
Muse, Trombone Shorty, Modest Mouse, Led Zepellin, Todd Rundgren, Oysterhead, Tool, Presidents of the United States, Tripping Daisy, Hendrix, George Harrison, Deftones, Dream Theater, Black Keys.... BOOM:rockin:

Oysterhead!!!!! Miss that band. One last reunion and album would make me a very happy man!

I brew on Sundays while listening to san diego's 94.9's brunch with bob and friends. Then I just keep the reggae going after the show ends

+1 on the pogues. And flogging molly and the dropkick murphys.

I am usually on pandora, or just go to my itunes, seach beer and press play. Once that runs out I am usually close to done. If not then i type in drunk or something like that hahah

Back