Brewstand Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerapinChef

Reaction score
Now I just need to make a plan and convince my uncle to help me with the welding...

I was walking my dog this morning and found this sitting in front of my neighbors house. It was a bunkbed, and looks VERY salvagable for brewstand capabilities. Propane tank is included for sizing purposes. It measures 75" long, 35" wide, and 47" to the top of the endposts. The crossbeams sit at 13" and 44"
SDC10626.JPG

SDC10625.JPG

SDC10624.JPG

Stand_Option_1.jpg

I think that this plan, stolen from another brewer on this site, is going to be the option that I lean towards. A bit of tweaking perhaps, but this general plan.

I always liked the idea of an integrated "chilling unit"...kinda like the chill wizard from Sabco. You could do something like that with an all-copper cfc and it would kick ass.

While that may certainly be one of the coolest pieces of equipment I have ever seen...it's $795 dollars. I have a 50' immersion chiller, and may be aquiring two small stainless steel coils. If I do get them, I will probably make one into a cfc and keep one to either make a prechiller or a heat exchanger. Or sell one. To help pay for brewstand stuff, of course. But for right now, I like my IC. I'm thinking one day of hooking up a sweet whirlpool system "ala Jamil". I'm still a few pieces of steel short on my planned construction, but I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

Back