So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just doughed in on 10g scottish strong, gettimg ready to mill the grain for 5g barleywine. If any of my fellow Staten Island brewers wanna stop by, feel free. Pm me for address. I can serve a scotch oaked cider, thats about it.

#^^}{*% iPhone has a hair trigger. Got 5 gal strike water and grain for a batch of Lemmings Evil Twin in mash tun right now. Should only get to 88*F today. 50ft 1/2 in copper IC with pond pump in ice water will take care of the cooling

Okay...the heat isn't too bad today. I didn't wait for SWMBO to get home. I have my daughter and her friend watching over the little one while I brew. The mash is started for a batch of Ed Wort's haus pale.

Heat is not bad here either. Humidity is down a tad after the t-storms and there is a nice breeze. It's crappy inside so this is the place to be on the porch making beer.

We had that from late yesterday afternoon till about noon today. It's about 80F now. Damn heat wave. I got 2 brews that me & the wife need to get done. I wanted them in time for our anniversary near the end of next month. Now,idk...

Cleaning yeast off carpet. Popped open the lid on my fermenter and crawled out. Most of it didn't make it off the towel, but enough escaped that I'm wondering how to explain it to the SWMBO...

I had 0 problems. 77.5% efficiency. Can't wait to drink this sucker. Well we will see how well I can keep ferm temps down.

Every weekend is brew time. Ususlly do two 12 gallon batches, this weekend will be devoted to keeping summer going with a Hefeweizen today, and a Tripel tomorrow. Also on the docket, sampling some beers that will be going to fall competitions. Cannot wait for my tasting panel to convene.

Have a great weekend, brew on!

Missed my numbers big time today. 45% efficiency today. Yuck. The mill at the lhbs is partly to blame, its seems like it barely cracked a hull. There is always next weekend.

FastAndy said:
Missed my numbers big time today. 45% efficiency today. Yuck. The mill at the lhbs is partly to blame, its seems like it barely cracked a hull. There is always next weekend.

Seems to be a common thing. I got my mill and have been overshooting my numbers a tad. 78% eff last brew. This brew 77.5%.

I had a half pound of DME layong around so i added it with 10 minutes left. OG is 1.044 so not terrible just a bit shy of the 1.050 i was shooting for.

Side by side with my buddy tomorrow. We were each going to do Belgian Quads, but my keggle is in the shop, so I had to switch to a partial mash IPA. No biggie.

Bulls Beers said:
I'm dying to brew, but I have too much right now.Haven't been drinking that much lately.

Who can I brew a batch for???:D

You can certainly brew a batch for me. My ferm chamber is full. Did 10 g scottish ale and 7 g barleywine. Also bottled 3.5 of saison. This is the most beer ive ever had on hand. 10 g of centennial blonde carbing and another 5g of saison that needs bottling. Also got a case of graff and a 12 pack of scotch oaked 3711 cider.

Just did 4 beers today. My efficiencies were hit and miss. I was 6 points low on my first brew, dead on with my second, 1 point low on my third and 3 points high on my 4th.Pretty much a 12 hour brew day. I have another 3 more planned for tomorrow.

Mash going for thirty minutes on the Fat Tire Clone. This is also the first time using my monster mill, curious to see what kinda numbers I get. Grain weighed for the second batch, just about to run that through the mill.

I brewed the Bee Cave Kolsch on Friday and it's been happily fermenting away for 2 days now

Turned my pale ale into an IPA, used 10lb maris otter(3srm), 1lb special b(118srm), 8oz honey malt(17srm), and 8oz aromatic(20srm). All chinook bittered and simcoe aroma with cali yeast. 72% efficiency and fermentation started within 6 hrs. Crazy so far, had to use a blow off with the amount of activity that was going on in the carboy. Smells fantastic and i cant wait for the final product!

Projected: ABV 7% SRM 15 IBU 66 OG 1.064 FG 1.012

Just wrapped up our Citra Pale Ale this evening. Malt is MO, Crystal 20, Munich, and hop profile is Summit, Citra, and Sorachi Ace. Next up is a Scottish 60 to help kill this heat.

Second batch is in the fermentor. I'll pitch in the morning, could only get the temp down to 86 degrees with the IC. Guess i'll take a gravity reading then too. Next time I think i'm gonna stick to one batch at a time.:drunk:

Brewing this coming Sunday boys and girls! God I love brew days! I will be brewing my Alpine Frost APA as well as my Summit's Brown ABA!

DIPA brew day was a success!

i-PtTq3Jd-L.jpg

joe

FireBrew63 said:
Brewing 10g. of BM's centennial blonde today! "Weekend" is a relative term for shift workers. :)

What does BM stand for?.....I want to guess but I bet I'm wrong

Latest posts

Back