Love TS-5 probe/controller questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

refect

Reaction score
I just bought a love TS2-010 controller and a TS-5 probe for it. After reading through the directions on programming the love controller i saw a setting for probe type (H6). The only 2 options it gives for this are PTC and NTC. Does anyone know which category the TS-5 probe falls under? i know on the Dwyer website it says it is a PVC probe, but i can't find anything about ptc or ntc. The Dwyer website has the TS-5 listed as a related accessorie for this controller, and I know of other people on here using the TS2's with a TS-5 probe so i don't think i got the wrong probe?

Well I know what ptc and ntc is and you can find out what type yours is with an ohmmeter. Do you have one on hand? Ptc: positive temperature coefficient, ntc: negative temperature coefficient. Ptc as temp goes up resistance goes up, ntc as temp goes up resistance goes down.

Love Thermistor TS-5

Item Temperature Probe
Type Positive Temperature Coefficient Thermistor
Temp. Range (F) -58D to 221D
Temp. Range (C) -40D to 105D
Wire Length (In.) 120
Probe Material PVC

According to GRainger

sweet looks like its a ptc. i don't have an ohmmeter so i'm just gonna take insp79's word. thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back