Drink a Beer in the Shower.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes! done it for years, get back from playing army for 3-4 weeks and no beer, smell like $hit, grab a beer, ditch the nasty uniform, grab another beer and into the shower!

JT

Man I love a shower beer! Nothing finer. My go-to for that've application is the SN kellerweis, though never straight from the bottle. Has to be a handled mug for the shower. Safety people! It is a special occasion activity though. After an especially long day.

I do enjoy a shower beer but here in CA we are in a drought so there isn't all that much time to linger and enjoy without feeling like you are contributing to the problem...

I do enjoy a shower beer but here in CA we are in a drought so there isn't all that much time to linger and enjoy without feeling like you are contributing to the problem...

Take a gulp of beer, let it warm up in your mouth, then spray it straight up into the air while in the shower. You can save water from the shower head this way.

b91a9cc7a72eb827a6520c3574172d71.jpg

My shower in my college house had a seat built into so I could sit and savor a beer for as long as I wanted.

Side note: sitting in the shower for like an hour was also a great hangover cure

I do this after a hard bike ride. I might do it today. I'm planning to do 25 miles after work with some nice climbs. Weather is a perfect 80F with 40% humidity, sunny, light wind from the north...ah, man, so nice out. A shower beer will be the perfect cherry on top. I have a dortmunder, hefe, and coffee stout on tap...prolly go with either dort or hefe...choices...

This was a post rugby match event for me. I used to "stink and drink", then found our how awesome it is to have a PBR in the shower(it was 15 yrs ago as a poor college student). Wash of the blood and mud and wash the pain off fromt the inside. Now it is more of a special occasion type thing, better beer, and still as good.

I was going to drink a beer in the shower today for the first time after a rough 12 hr shift. But I forgot to bring the beer upstairs so I had a couple (3) afterwards. Probably not as relaxing as in the shower but I'm pretty relaxed now and ready for a nap......

I was going to drink a beer in the shower today for the first time after a rough 12 hr shift. But I forgot to bring the beer upstairs so I had a couple (3) afterwards. Probably not as relaxing as in the shower but I'm pretty relaxed now and ready for a nap......

There's only one way to fix this mistake.

I was introduced to the "six pack and a shower " routine after my first field problem at my first duty station. Nothing like an hour long shower after 3 weeks in the field. Granted I was drinking ice house at the time (this was 1998 in Korea) but it was a great way to unwind and clean off the funk.

Naps? George Michael jam sessions in the tub? Yard work? You people obviously don't have small children.

I do this all the time , hot shower/cold beer , cures what ails you

Some years ago when I was in the frat there were some guys who would do this, especially before going on a road trip. Before that I never would have thought, to much risk of getting shower water in the beverage, after I heard them talk about it I always associated it with some dudes I didn't care for grabbing folding chairs and having some hair of the dog to keep the hangover at bay while in the car. Oh, and there weren't individual shower stalls or anything like in the dorms, more like an old gym shower room. It was a social event for them.

No desire to try it.

I do this after a hard bike ride. I might do it today. I'm planning to do 25 miles after work with some nice climbs. Weather is a perfect 80F with 40% humidity, sunny, light wind from the north...ah, man, so nice out. A shower beer will be the perfect cherry on top. I have a dortmunder, hefe, and coffee stout on tap...prolly go with either dort or hefe...choices...

:off:
There are hills in Iowa? I had no idea. I thought it was flat like western Ohio.

I learned something new today. Thanks! :rockin:

:off:
There are hills in Iowa? I had no idea. I thought it was flat like western Ohio.

I learned something new today. Thanks! :rockin:

Haha, nothing mountainous, but there are some hills especially in north eastern Iowa where the bluffs are. But I'm in the south eastern part. It's fairly flat, but there are some rolling hills that are a challenge to ride, even if you're a strong rider.

i've enjoyed a beer in the shower a few times after a real hot bicycle ride.

but I recently discovered the beer in bed in the afternoon. man, that is a lazy Saturday.

This was a post rugby match event for me. I used to "stink and drink", then found our how awesome it is to have a PBR in the shower(it was 15 yrs ago as a poor college student). Wash of the blood and mud and wash the pain off fromt the inside. Now it is more of a special occasion type thing, better beer, and still as good.

Weird. There was a 'rule' on my rugby team in college that if you took a shower between the match and the post match drinking you would get a cheap beer shower when you show up.

Nowadays though, a light bodied beer in a cool/cold shower on a hot day after mowing or any other outdoor exertion is a little can/bottle of heaven.

oh for sure. Showerbeers are in full effect over here.

A nice crisp lighter beer combined with a cold shower is what I usually go for after a couple hours in the yard during the summer. It's almost like being at a resort and drinking in the pool. :rockin:

Some years ago when I was in the frat there were some guys who would do this, especially before going on a road trip. Before that I never would have thought, to much risk of getting shower water in the beverage, after I heard them talk about it I always associated it with some dudes I didn't care for grabbing folding chairs and having some hair of the dog to keep the hangover at bay while in the car. Oh, and there weren't individual shower stalls or anything like in the dorms, more like an old gym shower room. It was a social event for them.

No desire to try it.

Lol. I can see how being naked with a bunch of back slapping frat dudes drinking in the shower isn't an ideal situation.

If you put the beer out of the splash zone you wont get anything in it. I always opt to keep the beer in the bottle or can, instead of a glass, to lessen the risk of getting shower water in my beer. I'm sure some makes it way in there though but it's not a huge deal. Just more flava to sava.

Exactly! Never said there was. That's what makes the world a great place. Everyone is different...

I was just being goofy, I was totally not offended or anything. Wrestled and played football in high school so male nudity has never bothered me, helped me develop locker room eyes, I'm not easily fooled to look at peoples junk.

Public showers I think play a role in being able to succesfully drink a beer while in the shower.

I love an ice cold shower in the beer, especially after a long day at work during a hot New England summer day.

Coming up:
Chili Stout
A summertime type IPA
Vanilla bourbon

I enjoy spouting a small sip out like a fountain, and feeling it hit my chest and washing off with the water....cleansed by the alcohol!

Back