Brand New Brewer Here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

On a lark I ordered a brewing kit from Quality Wine and Ale Supply. Since my husband is the primary beer drinker in the family I asked him which kind to make. Well, he chose Irish Draught and that is what I bought. Now even after reading the directions in the book and the directions on the can of hop mixture, I am lost.

I'll be going directly to the help desk after this. Well, give me a bit to go downstairs and gather the information that you good people will need to help me dig out.

Petunia

Thank you very much, Rod. You look like the one who could guide me on my other projects: fresh fig wine and fresh elderberry wine. These I hope to do as soon as I have this beer project going.

I book marked the page you suggested for later reading.

Petunia

Noob? Flamed? For asking questions that everyone had when they started out?

Foolishness. Glad I found this forum first.

Petunia

Welcome to HBT!:mug:
There will be no flaming here. We are glad to assist you with your questions. There is also a good web site that will show you how to brew your first beer. It's John Palmer's site and it goes hand in hand with the book he wrote.
http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html
Take a look at it and I think it will clear up some questions you have. You can be sure that we will be glad to answer any other questions that you have.
Good luck with your first brew and let us know how it turned out.

Thank you Yooper and Rich for your welcome. I appreciate the help I have already received.

Looking forward to solving a lot of life's brewing dilemmas here.

Petunia

Welcome! You came to the right place! Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife to brew beer for him! Sweet!

EdWort said:
Welcome! You came to the right place! Your husband is a lucky man to have a wife to brew beer for him! Sweet!

Amen to that...a woman who brews beer seems to be an unfortunately rare thing.

Welcome to HBT!

Thank you for the welcome Ed and Ohio,

Don't know if my husband is so lucky after all. I just quit the fence stretching job on him.

Petunia

Back