• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

7/8 Greenlee Punch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hafmpty

Reaction score
Want to buy OR borrow a 7/8 Greenlee Punch for a control panel I'm building. Let me know if you're willing to loan me one OR sell me one. I'm using The Electric Brewery's newest recommendation for punching holes in the panel.

Thanks.

Email me at [email protected]

I don't have one, but I can tell you this, you don't need one unless you are a perfectionist or are getting into production where you need the high quality. Hear me out, I might save you a lot of money...

I have punched many holes in stainless and mild steel with nothing more than a cheap HF step bit. I just run my drill press slowly and use cutting oil. The negatives of a step bit is that it will need some cleaning up on the back side as it leaves a little lip of metal pushed through. Also, if you use too much pressure on something that is thin gauge (like a control panel box) you can cause a very slight bend of the metal towards the point of pressure which is only really noticeable if you use gloss paint. So, just some thoughts if you are interested in saving a lot of money and have a drill press. And yes, I built by control panel with HF step bits, the buttons fit perfect and is one of the nicer control box builds I have seen.

Bensiff said:
I don't have one, but I can tell you this, you don't need one unless you are a perfectionist or are getting into production where you need the high quality. Hear me out, I might save you a lot of money...

Thanks for the input. I was actually able to borrow one from a guy at my church.

Back