Dema-goddess ale question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clessor

Reaction score
Has anyone read, or brewed the Dema-goddess ale recipe from the BYO mag. from last quarter? There is a step for transfering to a secondary, then adding another yeast starter, but it doesn't give specifics. It just says a high gravity starter.

Would I just add the same strain of yeast again?

I am brewing this tomorrow, so I guess I better order that second yeast soon.

c :confused:

I couldn't find much on this recipe, but it looks like it's supposed to ferment to a high alcohol content. With that in mind, your second yeast strain should be able to tolerate high alcohol levels. I'd suggest either a champaigne yeast or try one of the high gravity yeasts like White Labs' WLP099 Super High Gravity strain.

Thanks. The recipe calls for the champaigne yeast at bottling, but I wasn't sure about the yeast addition at transfer to secondary. I think I'll order the WPL099 and try that.

c

finished all my sugur additions and it is sitting in the secondary, still bubbling at 35 - 40 seconds. Is this ok? This is the third week in the secondary.

Back