American Wit Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
After reading Biermuncher talk about making his Wit Beer and using US-05 instead of a belgian yeast, it got me thinking. Could we call it an American Wit? Utilizing the wheat, some american 2-row and all of the spices like the orange peel, coriander and other things. Not looking for an American Wheat...

I know that the yeast makes it Wit as much as the spices, but I am looking for that clean flavor that you get from an American yeast that would lend just as much character as the belgian yeast, just in a different way.

What kind of recipe would I be looking at here? Also I just did an orange pale ale and that also got me thinking about it.

I think its just an American Wheat at that point. Im going to make the same thing this week. I started wanting to make a blue moon clone and it turned into an american wheat with orange.

Latest posts

Back