Galena hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Who has used Galena hops, and what do you think of them? I picked up a bunch to experiment with and am looking forward to using them.

Used them in a stout recipe for the bittering hop. Used 1oz for 60 minutes. It was Palmer's recipe from How to Brew. I just bottled it yesterday. It tasted great. I also used 1oz of chinook for 30 minutes, so I can't tell you exactly how just the galena taste, but they seem to work in that role pretty good.

Walker said:
hows that siphon work for ya, BeeGee?

-walker

Still waiting to try it :mad: There was just no way to work 3oz of oak cubes, a vanilla bean, and assorted stainless hardware in a bag through the neck of a carboy, so it went into another bucket. It's hard to have a new toy (even a $2 one) and not play with it...

I tried an all Galena IPA Recipe. And they tasted great. I also have tried Diamond Knot IPA. SPECTACULAR!!!! They use Galena and dry hop with Columbus. They sell a Diamond Knot Clone kit at HomeBrew Heaven

The first two hopp additions are Galena, and the last two minutes of the boil was columbus. And then it was dry hopped with Columbus.

Or if you want to try to replicate it yourself, here is the ingredients list from the diamond knot website, they just dont tell you the quantities they use.
The Diamond Knot India Pale Ale

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back