Back to basics.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you always get a new influx after Christmas?

All most worth putting a Mr. Beer sticky up for a few weeks. It's good to see all you old timers taking the newbies under your wings. Good work guys.
Can some one explain secondary again.
Another generation of brewers on their way. :mug:

orfy said:
Can some one explain secondary again.
Secondary Fermentation: the second, slower stage of fermentation that takes place after primary fermentation has forced solids out of solution and the brew is racked to a closed bin (the "secondary fermenter").

Wild

Secondary fermentation is a method of lengthening the time is takes to ferment a beer by removing the beer from most of the yeast.

Piss in it and carb the crap out of it. Serve at -10 so it freezes your taste buds. But you have to do a little brain washing via billion dollar campaigns to get any on the think they like it.

Fiery Sword said:
How do I make my homebrew like Bud Light? ;)

1. Make homebrew.
2. Drink homebrew.
3. Piss Homebrew back into bottles.
4. Label as Bud Clone

(So to recap we have three fermentaions; Primary, Secondary, and Urinary)

orfy said:
I know, I know.......

I was messing, it was my first question I asked on here....
ROTFL - and responses from some longer term members nonetheless.

It's true orfy.

Mr. Beer
Airlock?
Questions about recipe without posting said recipe.
Can I use bread yeast?
Green bottles?

On the upside, in 6 months, some of these guys will be answering our questions.

Don't forget the flury of "Is my beer infected?" posts, followed by the (before anyone gets a chance to say anything) "Well, I wasn't sure if it was infected, so I dumped it" posts.

The only thing more inevitable is the flurry of young-'uns looking to make hootch come mid-June.

I always enjoy the newbie questions. It's fun to see people getting excited about making beer.

One I have a particular appreciation for:

My airlock's water evaporated! It's been in my basement for months! I think it's got Ebola! I'm going to dump it!!

Back