What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bunch of heady beers I couldn't possibly buy in my town.......Heady Topper, Civil Disobedience, Surly, Bells, New Glarus, Zombie Dust, Sammy Smith Choc, a The Bruery Saison ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415668339.634124.jpg

I grew up with my great grandma giving us apple cider vinegar for health when my parents weren't around...explains my taste for sour beer.

Been a hot minute since I had this and it is so good. Sharing it with a buddy who just showed up to watch MNF.

Had that a few nights ago and it was great. Went back to the same place today and didn't score a repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any of these worth picking up? I've never heard of the ones in the first pic and I've never had anything from Lost Aby.

1415669768497.jpg

1415669818032.jpg

Hmmm.. whats a good price on a cord of firewood? Thoughts? Remmy? you are the expert since you have probably split at least 3 by now this year.

Lets go for number 4. I dont have to work tomorrow.

Hmmm.. whats a good price on a cord of firewood? Thoughts? Remmy? you are the expert since you have probably split at least 3 by now this year.

Good price? Around $125-150. I've never paid for wood but have seen a cord go for $175-225 delivered here in CT. I'd say CT marks-up prices on everything. Why? Because we're the red-headed step child of New York Schitty.

So, yeah. I'd say <$150 delivered is legit.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415669806.078722.jpg
Little taste of my El Dorado IPA. Very disappointing the only other time I used El Dorado it was a fruit bomb. 2012 El Dorado but kept vacuum sealed in the freezer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415670095.472194.jpg
Columbus/Simcoe IPA much better

Good price? Around $125-150. I've never paid for wood but have seen a cord go for $175-225 delivered here in CT. I'd say CT marks-up prices on everything. Why? Because we're the red-headed step child of New York Schitty.

So, yeah. I'd say <$150 delivered is legit.

Well good gotdarn. I am seeing costs like $590. That cant be fair. I know I live in a high cost of living area but f me that has to be ridiculous. I might go so far as 250 or so but really?

Around here it is $60 a cord delivered and stacked by ******** that tear up your yard with cut this year **** wood. Twice that for professional service and good wood.

Fbs is only aged by millionaires and people that don't like beer.

Well good gotdarn. I am seeing costs like $590. That cant be fair. I know I live in a high cost of living area but f me that has to be ridiculous. I might go so far as 250 or so but really?

$590 for a cord of wood? Am I that buzzed right now?

Nothing life threatening. I tore my rotator cuff while getting (trying to get?) my swole on. On Wednesday the surgeon is going to go in and reattach the tendon where it is supposed to go.

Having what I believe to be @mattmmille 's Coffee Chocolate Stout. I can't remember what all the codes on your caps meant, so please correct me if I'm wrong, Matt. It's overcarbonated, but that's really the only thing I notice off about it. The coffee and chocolate are both quite present in the beer and it's quite enjoyable, even if I have to dig through the carbonation a bit to pick up the coffee and chocolate notes. Nice brew, Matt!

Yeah,I knew it was overcarbed...but hoping it was still enjoyable. Not complex or anything, but despite being an extract/partial mash, I used some good Kona blend, cold brewed coffee at bottling and Costa Rican cocoa husks in the boil and nibs in the secondary. I just felt like it was missing something. Let me know what you have left, I'll ID them for you! And good luck with the shoulder surgery. SWMBO had what was probably a more involved rotator cuff surgery recently and it has been a long, frustrating recovery...but she's getting there.

Tomorrow, I drive to Yale, VA. with the two younger kids for a one day visit to see my Mom and sister/brother-in-law...probably last chance before Christmas. Mom is more of a wine drinker, but she likes beer ok, so, I'll taker her a sixer. Brother-in-law is from Trinidad, so I'm taking some ginger beer (non-alcoholic) to him that I made following a Trinidadian recipe. I'm also taking up a couple bottles of fermented ginger beer...we'll see what he thinks.

I decided to open a bottle of each of the ginger beers, regular and fermented, to see how they taste before I deliver them. This is the non-alcoholic. A bit sweet for me, but I think that's the style. I little more carbonation would be okay, but I didn't want bottle bombs and I had to pasteurized them. (New computer is confusing me...tried to rotate the photo...not how it came out. Argh.)

DSC06288.jpg

A cord of cured, dry mixed hardwood firewood in my area seems to range from 180 to 275...from sketchy purveyors to reputable. (On Craig's List) $240 seems like where the average reputable stuff is priced.

Going for a fermented ginger beer....

Yeah,I knew it was overcarbed...but hoping it was still enjoyable. Not complex or anything, but despite being an extract/partial mash, I used some good Kona blend, cold brewed coffee at bottling and Costa Rican cocoa husks in the boil and nibs in the secondary. I just felt like it was missing something. Let me know what you have left, I'll ID them for you! And good luck with the shoulder surgery. SWMBO had what was probably a more involved rotator cuff surgery recently and it has been a long, frustrating recovery...but she's getting there.

Tomorrow, I drive to Yale, VA. with the two younger kids for a one day visit to see my Mom and sister/brother-in-law...probably last chance before Christmas. Mom is more of a wine drinker, but she likes beer ok, so, I'll taker her a sixer. Brother-in-law is from Trinidad, so I'm taking some ginger beer (non-alcoholic) to him that I made following a Trinidadian recipe. I'm also taking up a couple bottles of fermented ginger beer...we'll see what he thinks.

I decided to open a bottle of each of the ginger beers, regular and fermented, to see how they taste before I deliver them. This is the non-alcoholic. A bit sweet for me, but I think that's the style. I little more carbonation would be okay, but I didn't want bottle bombs and I had to pasteurized them. (New computer is confusing me...tried to rotate the photo...not how it came out. Argh.)

Fermented ginger beer. You are up the next time I score something people want.

I have a 40 year old can of Bud I can send your way :D

Trying this barrel aged Dry Dock - they aged it for me. :)

It's damn good. Should have gotten more than 1.
View attachment 235163

Oddly, there is a thread in the market of someone looking for the worst/worst preserved beer possible. I may have sent you a contender.

Coffee. This Monday is blowing more than most Mondays, and it's just getting started. :mad:

Yup. I called it earlier. Spend almost 7 hours in the ER tonight with a client, and came out to a floccing parking ticket on the windshield of the work van. Unexpected 12 hour shifts suck.

On my 3rd pour from a growler of 3 heads brewing tropical kind. A little underimpressed with it, but it's beer.

This was the first pour.

1415672839348.jpg

I shun you.

Hahaha my bad. I was lucky enough to find it in south carolina when visiting my parents back in april and grabbed it since my local place was out of it quickly last year when I wanted to grab some to age back in November. I figured might as well try to save some to age since I hadn't done that previously.

Hahaha my bad. I was lucky enough to find it in south carolina when visiting my parents back in april and grabbed it since my local place was out of it quickly last year when I wanted to grab some to age back in November. I figured might as well try to save some to age since I hadn't done that previously.

I am pretty sure I could drink the hell out of it in April.

Fermented ginger beer. You are up the next time I score something people want.

Sounds good! I just opened one...and it's definitely different from the non-fermented. It's still sweet, but definitely has an alcohol twang. The regular ginger beer is a little whitish in color and the fermented is more clear. It is definitely a different critter from any other fermented beverage I have done, but pretty simple and straight-forward. This and my pineapple tepache are not far removed from tropical hooch...but somebody has to do it, right?!

I went back and looked at my notes...evidently, it was a pain in the butt to get the fermentation going and I was having trouble getting SG readings. My best guess was that the ABV was somewhere around 3 to 3.25%.

DSC06289.jpg

Back