What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been away for a few days, so here's to catching up. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390445861.652425.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390445659.000321.jpg

The granddaddy of stouts. A very complex stout, incredibly good. So glad they did another run.

This is really a great, super hoppy beer. I know Sixpoint isn't fond of labeling their beer as falling within certain style guidelines, but if I were going to acknowledge a beer as a triple IPA, this beer would be it. It's just nuts how hoppy this beer is. Incredibly dank.

20140122_212000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

That hit the shelves here on Friday. Have yet to robocop it.

That hit the shelves here on Friday. Have yet to robocop it.

I just saw it tonight, though I'm sure it's also been on the shelves since last week. The funny thing is, I hadn't heard about it before tonight. I just happened upon it by pure chance since the only reason I was in the shop in the first place was to pick a bottle of World Wide Stout I had reserved.

My last heavily lagered (refrigerator aged) Pliny the elderly (because I screwed up the OG) 6.6% Wish I had a pic of this beautiful golden darker than it should be beer. Extremly clear with heavy rich thick lace. Im thinkin Im feelin the 100+ ibu's on this one too. Not much aroma anymore but heavy flavor and bitter. Its got all the looks too. LOts and lots of pine. I still tucked a few away in my basement,will see how those turn out.

Drinking a Brooklyn blast... actually kind of impressed with it. Thanks to Dave for this one

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

One to fallback on. Damn straight. One that lasts through all the others and keeps on keepin on. I am now reminded why I loved it so much from the start. Been some time. An ipa that inspired me heavily. Hells yes yall.

founders.jpg

Drinking a Brooklyn blast... actually kind of impressed with it. Thanks to Dave for this one

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Nice man glad you liked it. I thought the Santa Fe black IPA was Better than the regular one I had today but I still enjoyed this one. I guess it's my fault for comparing two beers that shouldn't be compared.

Imperial Irish Ale, all of the planets must have aligned just right when I brewed this one, it is fantastic!

irish ale1.jpg

One to fallback on. Damn straight. One that lasts through all the others and keeps on keepin on. I am now reminded why I loved it so much from the start. Been some time. An ipa that inspired me heavily. Hells yes yall.

A personal favorite. Will grab a growler any time I see it.

Water at the gym.

Coff while just hearing the bad news that my buddy's 6-yr. old Rottie has bone cancer. His 2-yr. old Rottie died last year on his couch. It's just downright wrong.

Coff while just hearing the bad news that my buddy's 6-yr. old Rottie has bone cancer. His 2-yr. old Rottie died last year on his couch. It's just downright wrong.

That's really rough, man. My dog has lymphoma for the second time. Fortunately that's an easily treatable one. Is the bone cancer treatable?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

That's tough Remmy... My dog is still alive but the ex has it since I don't have room for him currently. When the apartment lease is up I'm finding a house and getting my buddy back.

Lots of coffee today for me

That's really rough, man. My dog has lymphoma for the second time. Fortunately that's an easily treatable one. Is the bone cancer treatable?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Treatable to a certain extent but not curable. His dog will have to be put down at some point soon. So freaking tough.

Having a water before I get some breakfast into my stomach. Have to go outside to haul in more wood to take me through the weekend. Might have a shot of tequila to warm me up before I head out, so that my fingers don't freeze as fast. Gotta get the blood flowing somehow.

My Castle Hill Coffee Stout - first bottle after a 5-day carb. I got super anxious. The house has been on the cooler side so I was expecting very minimal carb. I don't really care. It's beer. And I just finished working outside so I needed this.

Love the smoothness and glad the coffee didn't add a ridiculous amount of bitter flavor to this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390497882.443700.jpg

Back