Doh....let's see how "foolproof" beer really is....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyjacobs

Reaction score
I have like 5 dirty kegs in my garage. Some have been oxycleaned, some not. Today was the day to clean, rinse, and sanitize all. I was checking to see which had been oxycleaned. I opened one up, (after releasing a bit of pressure), and it was full! I was curious, I couldn't remember which liquid it was full of, so I stuck my hand into it to give it a sniff.

Oh, it's beer. I forgot that I left a full keg in my garage after pressurizing it for storage. I just stuck my dirty, soapy, dirt under fingernails, haven't washed my hands all morning into a perfectly good batch of beer.

In a few months when I tap it, we'll see how foolproof fermented beer really is.

It's a brown ale, not very hopped, so no hope of that helping out. Hopefully the alcohol will save it.

:tank:

Get it on tap and drink it fast! :mug:

Why not carb it and chill it now? Refrigeration will keep anything from really taking over.

Here's the rub. It's my No Nuts Brown. See my sig? I already have one on Tap....this was the second keg. So I can't even drink it fast without finishing it's twin! (The twin, by the way, is quite good, so at least if the muddy hand one survives, it will be a winner).

This is what happens when you have a preggo wife and start building your pipeline with 10 gal batches....you lose track of the suckers!

Oh well....It will be months before I'm ready for the second keg, and I can't keep it cold all that time.....I'm just gonna stick it in my basement and hope. If it lasts, awesome. If not, I'll have many other kegs to take its place.

Why not take the one you're drinking out of the fridge and store it, and start drinking on the 'dirty hand' ale now?

Why not carb it and chill it now? Refrigeration will keep anything from really taking over.

I have to agree with the first sentence but disagree with the second.

I had an APA that was awesome when I first tapped it, but a week later it was like sour milk. Lactobacillus, I'm assuming.

Back