Newbie Blackberry another question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddlefish

Reaction score
When do I rack, it's still working with all of the berries (crushed) in the carboy but it's still bubbling regular been three weeks since I started it

When do I rack, it's still working with all of the berries (crushed) in the carboy but it's still bubbling regular been three weeks since I started it

I get my blackberries out at about day 5-7, as the fruit can sort of float and rot at the top. I rack to secondary when the SG 1.010 or so, and top up and then rack again when sediment is more than 1/4" thick.

So I racked the blackberry and the apple this morning ran most of the lees through a coffee filter (what a pita!) got rid of most solids. Tasting the both the blackberry has a rather bland flavor higher alcohol so I may blend some flavor if necessary, but the apple tastes pretty good. With the solids gone how long should I wait before racking again?

Back